Tp-link eap 660hd v1's current firmware UPDATE

i need Technical Support

my tp-link eap 660hd v1’s current firmware is

1.2.0 Build 20230511 Rel. 57023(5553)

the current new is

EAP660 HD(US)_V1_1.2.11 Build 20240314

should i update , would i get any needed improvements an would i get any F up’s from updating ?

Read the release notes of all the firmware releases between your current version and the one you want to upgrade to:

As you can read in the above documents, there are quite some changes that mostly seem beneficial.
I am in the boat of upgrading to the latest firmware. Others rather are of the opinion “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”.

From the firmware page

To Upgrade

IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process

• Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
  • Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)
    How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device
  • Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
  • To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it’s recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
  • It’s recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
  • Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.

If you use the Omada app, upgrading is quite simple from within the app/webpage.

If you use the AP in standalone mode, you need to download the firmware zip file, unzip and upload the correct file from the AP web page. Not hard and no issues are expected if you follow the instructions.

My philosophy on updating firmware is do it as these fixes often include security patches. And when it comes to network infrastructure, we have enough vulnerabilities to contend with without outdated firmware. As for the upgrade process itself it all depends on how you configured your network. Personally I used an OC300 controller that centralizes my management thus make firmware upgrades nothing but a mouse click.