Today I will be digging through a bunch of classic computer stuff

The title sells the thread.

The other day I was browsing craigslist seeing if there was anything interesting. Well, the site was bugging out, but I found a commodore amiga A500. Come to find out, the girl is selling the house she grew up in and is trying to kickstart herself (pun intended). So after some talking down from the 250 she wanted for the A500 down to 140, we got to chatting some and, come to find out, there a C64, C128, VIC-20, all sorts of shit. Documentation, floppies galore, almost a dreamscape of shit that is in her father’s basement.

Now, her father past away recently, and I assume the only reason she stayed there was to take care of him. Haven’t asked about the mother, don’t wanna pry. BUT, I asked, hey, do you want help sorting shit? And she agreed after realizing I really know about this stuff. I don’t think she is expecting a 24 year old, but hey we’ll get there eventually.

Supposedly she doesn’t know about this stuff. And you know I get it. Dad rambling about his wonder years, yeah you’ll probably ignore the cool techno stuff if you don’t really care. But, heres the deal. I get the A500 and box and all that for free if I help her sell the shit. I know about what everything should be priced, I know 250 is way too much for an A500 since they can be had for 40 bucks literally everywhere else (even in europe), but would any of you be interested in this? Lemme know.

I’ll start listing stuff in this thread tomorrow when I get there.

5 Likes

I just want to see what’s down there :grin:

Good on you for helping too; I was doing a lot dumber shit when I was 24.

2 Likes

I would like to imagine this thread ending with Aremis putting a ring on it.

I dunno why tho. Maybe its because of the content that I watch.

Anyway, great job on your find.

2 Likes

Well I’m gay so uh, I’ll try but I don’t think it’ll work out.

2 Likes

To each their own in those regards mate.

Meanwhile, in related news: Maybe post some photos of all the good stuff in the thread here might also peak more interest. And the truth is, I’m curious to see all of the older stuff that is no longer made.
Good times.
Good memories.

Well I came home last night and just straight up crashed.

All total, theres a C64, I bought the amiga, somewhere theres a vic 20, thers an MPS132 or something like that a printer anyways, a bunch of weird dev board stuff (apparently her dad was a hacker) couple graphics cards, couple dos era soundblaster Live!'s, and then just an assload of software. Oh, and a floppy drive for the 64, 5 1/4.

Somewhere there should be an amiga 1080-T unless they threw it out. Somewhere there should also be a few hard drives as well as a few IBM Machines, at least 2, PS/2 Model 90 towers.

But what we went through was just in the basement.

I might go back though. I have the amiga starter pack package and I forgot the disks! I don’t need them, so I’m deciding if I actually want to go back or not. Idk yet though.

Oh also, that black psu? We have no idea what its for.

Theres also a modem and a data switch.

And then… I forget what else.

3 Likes
1 Like

Wow!

Speak about nostalgia!!

Please, if you want to buy anything let me know and I will forward you to the owner. She is trying to sell it all if possible as she is moving soon and can’t take it all with her.

1 Like

Will do mate.

And I can say the C64 works, but no PSU that we could easily find. Theres boxes hidden in places, but finding stuff is tough. It might be there but I have 0 clue.

1 Like