To pirate or not windows?

There's too much grey area with piracy and stuff. All right guys, what's your take on this:

When it comes to products like Windows...say if somehow a legal loophole is existing (in your country), or opens up (no matter what the case) that allows you to get Windows 7 without paying for it and without technically breaking the law, what would you do? Do you exploit the loophole and business them in their faces or do you pay full price for the product? I would totally exploit this, because keep in mind, all big companies exploit the fuck out of the legal and patent system. Fair or unfair, who cares. It's all legit. That would be Microsoft's POV too.

I don't have a link to it because a friend downloaded for his pc then gave it to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%26_Melinda_Gates_Foundation 

"...as of May 16, 2013, Bill Gates had donated US$28 billion to the foundation"

"The primary aims of the foundation are, globally, to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, and in America, to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology."

Stop hating on the man, he's doing more than most would in his position.

He made it pretty clear at his TED conference his intentions are steralizing the populous with vaccines.

If we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services (abortion), we could lower that by perhaps 10 or 15 per cent.

His father was a bloody eugenist at planned parenthood for crying out loud LOL

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaF-fq2Zn7I

Ask yourself: Why do vaccines only make people infertile in third world countries but not in the West? And, does contraception equal abortion? I consider Bill & Melissa Gates as intelligent good people.

So you are better than those 3rd world persons?

I wouldn't be so sure since theres flouride, mercury and aspertame in just about everything nowadays. Fact of the matter is 50% of my gerneration will die of cancer because of psychotic control freaks, Your not a part of the system pal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9NPdS6ydXo

^thats what you'll get for behaving cowardly. It's already happening the statisical numbers prove it.

And no Bill Gates isn't a nice guy, he's a phony liberal. Psychological studies show most of us our cowards, therefore they approach us in that " I wana be your friend " care bear tone.

Sometimes, pirated versions of windows come fitted with backdoors that can enable hackers to use your PC as a zombie in DDOS attacks.

The above post is exactly why I dont mind paying for an os. Cheaping out on pirating something like an os is almost as bad as using a p.o.s psu in one's system. Both always come back to bite you in the arse.

If Microsoft doesn't deserve your money then you don't deserve the fruits of their hard work. It's pretty simple, really.

Hard work? I wouldn't mind paying them if they actually worked hard on it. But as it happens, they didn't even bother to install proper DRM to not let me pirate it. Not to mention everything else that they do wrong.

People who make decisions at MS live inside their little imaginary world and they have no idea what the actual consumers want. They don't even realize that they have no idea, apparently.

Both always come back to bite you in the arse.

That's a big overstatement. Most people with bad PSUs never encounter problems while using them and popular Windows activators are proven to be malware-free. It looks that you are trying to justify your purchases.

Remember all, talk about whatever you like but no linking to torrents, pirate websites, cracks, activation hacks, etc. 

I use pirated windows for me win machine, I dont pay for linux so why pay for windows?

No linking that's cool, but what about naming the torrent site used? and instructing how to use a crack?

If I say (without linking), for example, "use Loader by Daz" which can be googled in a matter of seconds, do I break the rules or not?

I believe that you should only ever pirate things if you think the company is evil. In the case of Microsoft this means you can pirate windows 8, but not 7, as they were not evil at the time. In my opinon, anyway

Whoa, this thread totally went from topic a to b all through z. I appriciate everyones feedback. 

Linux, cough, Linux.

Just look how many of my games support it! :D

And TF2! Can't forget that.

This.  So much this.  

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/rules-guidelines-faq/site-wide-rules/140612

^The rules clearly state: "No linking to warez, pirated software, etc."  Therefore, I'm under the impression that concise instruction is perfectly fine so long as you don't post links.

@OP:  I would suggest that you save up for a legitimate copy of Windows 7 or 8.  Use Linux in the meantime.  I'm highly considering switching my laptop to Linux just to test it out.  I think I need to do some research first though.

I'm actually using a legit copy of windows from dreamspark right now.

Absolutely no difference from pirated one.