To kickstarter or to not?

So i'm working on this album, i'm basically in need of $$ to pay for studio time. I can do everything on my own except record my voice because i feel too awkward doing it at home. My question to you is how does a person even kickstarter something like this which sounds so imbecile lol. To be honest i have the money too but i'm out of a job so i'm not sure if it's best to spend my last dollars on a hype dream.

Probably get all of the tracks done minus the voice. Then you'll have something to show. If people like the tracks and want to hear a voice on top of them they'll throw their money at it. You'd need rewards for anyone who does back it. The album itself, t-shirts, etc.

1 Like

First, figure out an exact amount that you need. Then you could offer copies of your album for a fair price and think up some extra swag that you could throw in if you meet stretch goals.
You could also consider GoFundMe.

1 Like

Thanks! that's been my workflow so far, I never thought about t-shirts that's actually a really good way to get funding. If i were to go out and sell my own shirts it would be 25$ i might as well give one away for a 25$ donation. Genius , i could even bump it down to a 22$ donation = T shirt. i would still be in profit. I gotta figure out the margins on t shirts but yeah thanks i never thought of that.

1 Like

I don't know how much i'll need but roughly $2000 just an estimate. Something very embarrassing about gofundme and that is most artists on there, their albums fail, and hardly turn out any good. And plus gofundme is full of leeches looking for free money i don't want that label. I have seen so many desperate for money people on there, just asking for something they can work towards but won't. It's disgusting. Then again i guess my little project could be viewed as the same , there really isn't too many dignifying ways to gain funding. Offering my album for a fair price seems like a good start though.

1 Like

No problem. I was just going off of what I've seen other kick starters do. They almost always have t-shirts at the $20-25 range as a reward.