TN Scale / ZFS: Source Replication removes/overwrites destination Snapshot schedules?

So I have a post over at the TrueNAS forums (link). But due to lack of any replies, I was also hoping to maybe get some insight from the Level1Techs-people as well.

I’m replicating a dataset from [nvme-mirror]-pool (source) to my [hdd-pool]. But in doing so, I’m having a bit of trouble with managing retentions and secondary snapshot-schedules on the target pool. Basically, my recursive snapshot schedules for the target dataset are completely overwritten and/or removed by the replication.

I’ve experimented will a all of the options for retention policies. And trying to stagger the snapshot schedules.

My goal is to have the replication to send one dataset per schedule, to a target dataset. And then have the snapshot schedules of the target pool take over for retention.

This is due to my source-pool is NVME-flash based. Which of course comes at a premium. But the target-pool is HDD. So that’s where I can save it for longevity.

I do know that I can use “Never delete” retention on the replication task. However, I was really hoping to be able to have more overarching recursive snapshot schedules on the target. And therein exclude the datasets that are irrelevant for said scheduled task.

Hoping that you all will enlighten me where I’m getting things confused. What would a better solution be, to get the target pool be able to maintain it’s own snapshots and schedule?

Blockquote
I would like to be able to see snapshots “auto-hourly-hdd-2023-10-29_HH-MM” here.

Blockquote
Screenshot of the current replication task