Titan X 2.0? New Nvidia Titan X

1080 can actually be found from a couple places right now for $700: https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1080/

There is only one price for Titan X, as all Titan Cards there is only the reference design available. So if they say $1200, 1200 to 1300 is probably as high as its going to get.

Yep, Vega with HBM2 will be much more interesting and forward-looking than this card. Nvidia should've held this back until the could get HBM2.

That depends on HBM 2 stock becoming better and more available. We may also see a fully unlocked 60 SM Titan and a 1080 Ti, both could have HBM 2 if stock is better when those cards become available as well. And just like the Gtx 1060, if there is competition, the pricing will be more similar to what AMD puts out there. The 1060 pricing is actually pretty close to what Nvidia advertised for aib cards. A couple of cards could be found at the $249 mark, and not just listed, they were sold at that price: https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1060/

Its literally the same exact card. I want to see someone on team brain dead defend that.
We all know linus will give it a 15/10 and jay will keep saying he needs new underwear.

1 Like

? Its got faster memory, more cuda cores, and is like $100 more expensive (and probably faster clock speeds although we don't know yet). Come on now, if your going to comment maybe explain why its a bad card, not just trash all Nvidia users or reviewers and act like thats constructive.

2 Likes

On Nvidia's website it doesn't have the GeForce GTX branding on it like the previous one, It just says NVIDIA TITAN X. Any ideas as to why that would be?
http://www.geforce.com/hardware

Maybe they're trying to separate it from the old Titan X in name that way, although I would doubt if that would help at all. Really the cooler redesign is probably what is going to be the best way to differentiate

It's not going to be a good workstation card. It's Pascal, same archetxture but scaled up.

Knowing Pascal is 1/32 FP32 > FP64 You're looking around 350Tflops of DP compute. Shit, but we already knew this because Maxwell was the same way.

The card exists only because Nvidia can. Same reason Intel is selling a 'consumer 10core' at $1700+

Also good catch on the lack of 'GeForce' this could be re-branding or a card that is no aimed at gamers (doubt it) Either way their tesla & quadro cards are almost worthless.

Not worth. Wait for better and more valuable things

also if you number crunch the core count and clock speed it only like 25% faster than 1080(stock)

But knowing the 1080 has high clocks, i am wanting to see what a properly cooled & powered ones of these can score.

4 Likes

I thought the P100 had pretty good double percision?

NVIDIA'S LIKE,

1 Like

Huh,... NEAT.

Apparently it does... 1/2 Holy cheeseballs.

also of note, the P100 looks to be the exact same chip as the GP102 New Titan X we're seeing now, just without HBM2

As far as I remember the Titan Z was around $3800 AUD

there at my local frys for 650

I think I really, really, really need to consider buying AMD cards for my next builds I do. Nvidia is out of control with the pricing of cards and will milk every dollar out of people until people stop buying this stuff. Also with them ripping SLI out of a card, the GTX 1060, that should have had it well I am disgusted with them even more. **** Nvidia right now.

I could buy one if I just don't eat or buy anything this month lololol

Yeah and amd did the same thing and everyone gave them shit. Fuck those guys why aren't we giving intel and nvidia shit for rereleasing in refreshes?

If they release it for $1200 and it ends up not beating a couple of 490s (which will probably not be anywhere near $1200), then I will laugh derisively, because it just means that Nvidia is price gouging again. because they can.

We all know that Nvidia is going to send like, five of them to Linus in exchange for telling everyone to buy them.

"Finally, AMD is put in their place", seems to be the general trend on that channel.

Who cares if sli is out of the 1060? It has 6 gogs of ram and its a 970.

Has anyone noticed that though. LOL they took the 970 and gave it 6 gb of vram to show that the 3 gig thing was fixed and called it a 1060 LOLOL

li us is also a twat.

People who don't care should because it means that they're out of options for doing any upgrades. Say what you will about SLI - people do use it for quick-and-cheap performance increases. And with the advent of DX12 and Vulkan, that may not have been the best decision for Nvidia to benevolently make on behalf of its sheepy consumers.