Tiny UPS with graceful shutdown

I’m trying to find a tiny UPS that can provide 15 W or similar output and initiate a graceful shutdown over USB or serial with a pfsense appliance but the models I’m finding appear to lack the ability to negotiate such a shutdown.

Anyone here in the know about such equipment or aware of a model that you could recommend?

I use this guy with my pfsense firewall.

https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/APC-Back-UPS-BE600M1-600VA-120V-1-USB-charging-port/P-BE600M1

Works with apcupsd, you can configure for auto shutdown via config file. It will log power interruptions too.

Any ups that works with apcupsd should give you that capability.

2 Likes

A friend ordered an eaton 3s-550 for his Synology setup he will do early next year. According to the Google’s it will support graceful shutdown. He wanted something with a small form factor.

Newegg link

1 Like

NUT supports a large number of UPSes as well, albeit more complex than apcupsd to get started with.

1 Like

Those are all fine UPS devices but most output 300 W or more which is 20 times what is required for a small router appliance that would top out at 15 W, I was keen on something more similar to this but more reputable and with something to trigger shutdown.