Tin-foil hat time - signal outside the known

Speaking of which

Also on another note

1 Like

What you describe reminded me of BadBIOS :D

4 Likes

Yes my lord.

1 Like

Why ultrasonic though? Can't you technically create EM radiation by just passing oscillating current through the wires. Basically creating an antenna?

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GnMj5cus4A

wires are usally insulated with plastic and other things; creating faraday cage of sorts. Unless you could have exposed copper of specific length for carrier waves, you won't be able to do that. (but thank god for IoT, with lack of security) Today you'll likely find lightbulbs, tv's, you name it, with 0 security.

2 Likes

This is so far past Tinfoil hat is gone right to Tinfoil full body.

2 Likes

Tinfoil body armor.

3 Likes

Yeah, ofc it's not trivial, and can't be done anywhere, but as you said, with rise of IoT the attack surface is going to be huge. Something is bound to have holes for that.

1 Like

Ironically, full body tinfoil (if properly referenced to ground) would actually deflect a good bit of EMF, making it far more effective irl than tinfoil hats

1 Like

A nice fun talk by Lunduke (Why Linux Sucks Guy) that I recently saw.

2 Likes

Yep, saw it. Lunduke maybe can't put Linux on THAT, but he sure can make entertaining talks.

Assuming he even got it working, it was just asking to be another Tay AI Fiasco.

1 Like

I think it's actually exactly what he was asking for.

1 Like

hmm, found this while browsing linkedin

Jeez that's such a niche case and to label it 'hack a phone'.... The accelerometer is prone to interference from soundwaves, wow, not at all surprised its sensitive to vibration too. To then conclude that this can then be used to hack your phone.... To then chain this with a car application and state that this makes the car vulnerable is just ridiculously stretching things. Just look at how close you have to be to the phone! In a nice noise free environment nontheless. You might aswell just hack the phone/car/person. I've been working in InfoSec for too long to know that there are far lower hanging fruit with better returns than this nonsense. I mean it's cool sure, but the premise is still nonsense.