Time for a monitor rma?

Preformatted text I have an Acer XB27OHU that has recently decided to only power on if the lower edge is pushed slightly away from me. It will sometimes work in a truer vertical position but the left side gets really iridescent and pixelated. I still have 452 days left on warranty according to Acer but I’m not looking forward to shipping it off. I believe I can take it back to Microcenter(2hr drive one way) for service or possibly to an Acer certified service center about 20 miles away. When reading/researching the issue and symptoms, I stumbled on a common issue where some wires get pinched and a shim has to be put in to alleviate pressure as a fix. I’m just looking for any similar experiences anyone has had or tips. Thanks for reading.

For those who actually want to read it.

2 Likes

RMA. If its under warranty why bother with any sort of shims?

also whats with that /g/ style post

1 Like

Sorry, I should’ve paid more attention to the text. Just looking for advice, thanks. Serious noob issues.Preformatted text

Preformatted text I think I’ll document the process I take here. After looking around and finding some rma experiences but nothing quite the same. I know it would’ve been nice to glean some info. I plan on calling Acer in the next day or 2, I already have an open ticket for this issue but I might try taking it into a certified repair facility if Acer says it’s cool. I never really planned on putting the shims in myself, I just thought it was interesting if that was the fix that would be used…?

Life really gets in the way sometimes. The monitor gets sent out tomorrow, 9/26/17. Luckily for me I can take it to work with me and my coworker in shipping will help me wrap it in the recommended 3-5 inches of bubble wrap. Hopefully my next and last post is about it’s happy return.

Preformatted text The monitor was sent out on 9/26 and arrived at Acer on 9/29. They found no issue and returned it. The monitor works like new and I have no complaints(just feel kinda dumb), it no longer has any issues even when moved around. Hopefully this last a few years…$15 in shipping to get half my screen back.