Thunderbolt power delivery

Hello all,

Have a GC-Titan Ridge Thunderbolt add-in card (Gigabyte) that is based on the DSL7540 Thunderbolt 3 controller. Advertises support 5V/3A 9V/3A 15V/3A 20V/5A Power Delivery Spec. I can’t get anything to charge consistently.

All headers are plugged in and both pcie power inputs are plugged in. No dice.

Tested on W10 and Ubuntu MATE.

let me know what you think,

WWED

Desktop: asus maple ridge, no tb header, 12v 6pin connected
Laptop: intel 11th gen
Cabel: mono price 15$ 1meter active tb3 cable

plugin laptop first, then plug in other end to the aic, it advertise 30W or 60W and charges the laptop
plugin aic first, then plugin laptop, no charging.

1 Like

Those PCIe power inputs are f—ing terrifying. :joy:

Looks like only one of the ports supports all those modes. Make sure you’re testing with the correct one, or both.

1 Like

For sure tested both

What’s your experience, I don’t get it

This thread is about power delivery, let’s please keep on topic

Is it only if plugged in during boot? My understanding is without a BIOS mod, it’ll only properly setup devices on boot (boot of system with PCIe card added). Don’t know if that affects power delivery, but maybe. Maybe if plugged in on boot, then unplugged and plugged back in it’ll work, but never when not plugged in during boot? Guessing here.

Tried connection during boot and without. No dice.

Things like 10Gb adapters and storage work fine. Just the power delivery element

I can’t imagine it would require software… I mean, I can, just seems unreasonable that it would.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at in relation to the post but yes on W10 there is management software, the same for MATE as well.

Meaning different software.

No.

Yea thanks this is helpful. Noted. Best. Thanks.

Thank you for contributing to this thread @bambinone

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.