Threadripper State of IOMMU - Not to flog a dead horse

Hi all / @wendell,

I can’t recall any recent IOMMU related content from @wendell so couple things I’d like to see noting all of this is X399 centric -

• Live QA session with @wendell on the topic, at least sign me up! I have a fair few questions
  • What sort of progress have you made on the MSI front
  • What sort of progress is there (at all) on the Gigabyte Aorus 7 board?
  • Is AMD pushing for IOMMU development/AGESA fixes as part of the general UEFI ‘blue-print’ or do we need the manufacturers themselves to also tweak things?
  • Anything else that would be fun to share on the topic?

Here’s something I’d like to see from @wendell if possible

• Start with a basic Fedora 26 install.
  • Have a second GPU in the box. Would be nice if there was a Nvidia card in there as well, but let’s assume one’s a Radeon
  • Separate SSDs, one for Fedora (host) and one that already has Windows 10 installed.
  • Separate NIC card in some PCIe slot.

Would be amazing if @wendell could walk through getting IOMMU running on such a setup.

If this interests you as well, please vote in the thread with your thoughts & comments.

@13:28

Nearly, not quite.

1 Like

im hoping something in fedora 27 is going to make things work better … since we are close to a launch on that … might try it and see if i get up the will to be abused by the linux command line again.

1 Like

I thought this reddit post claiming working TR4 passthrough with the asus X399-a prime and a vmware hypervisor was interesting, and was a bit surprised not to see it followed up anywhere. Add it to the list! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That looks really interesting, thanks for sharing. I’ve already commented on the reddit thread.