Threadripper build for 3d work and gaming

hey guys,
I am currently in the process of building a work station computer involving 3ds max with Vray rendering for my job by day and a some 1080P gaming at night time.
the parts I am planning to buy are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2 2990WX
MB: GA-X399-AORUS-XTREME - Gigabyte
Memory: F4-3200C15D-32GTZR - G-Skill
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
PSU: Corsair 1200W HXi
Cooling: Corsair H115i Platinum RGB
Nvme: ADATA 1TB SSD 3500/3000MB/s XPG SX8200 Pro
HD: Toshiba 4TB 7200 RPM X300 Series
Graphic cards i am buying 3 used 1080TI SLI from someone that selling is mining farm computer parts cheap.

what do you guys think?
any bad experience with any of these?

I’m having issues with choosing the memory and cooling. For the memory the G-skill Kit are not listed in the MB QVL list but i think that they are Samsung B-Die that are recommended by alot of people for AMD systems and i want to be able to get decent speed for the ram.
I looked at this site to get information about the F4-3200C15D-32GTZR kit to see if it is really B-die and it seems that yes they are. https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

the shop owner has only 2 other memory kits that are listed in the gigabyte site QVL and they are:

HyperX Predator DDR4 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 - 1.35V. HX430C15PB3K4/64
and
HyperX XMP Predator RGB 32GB (4x8GB) 2933MHz DDR4 CL15. HX429C15PB3AK4/32
but thay are not samsung b-die.
Should i go for the 3200Mhz G-SKill or go for the hynix Chip QVL 3000 Mhz memory kits?

and for the cooling the shop owner recomended me to go the Enermax Liqtech TR4 II 360 RGB
insted of the 115i Platinum
But i heard that they are quality control issues problems
with the enermax and i am only getting 1 year warranty insted of 5 with the corsair. the shop says that alot of people buying the enermax and no one says that the unit is no good.
Please let me know your opinion regarding these parts. would you choose differently? if so, why?
thank you all.

Someone might know more then I do, but I would be aware that the more memory you have the slower the memory will work. Though I think you should be fine with the HyperX Predator DDR4 (3000mhz).

If you go higher then 3000mhz, you may have to mess with some of the timing settings in bios which isn’t guaranteed.

On the gaming side of things, you should know there are few games that will allow you to use SLI and because of the amount of cores on your CPU you won’t get as good as performance as something like an 8700k or 9900k. (higher clock speed as it has fewer cores) not saying the threadripper is bad (looking to get a system myself here soon) but because your using 3D work it should be able to use all of those cores correctly!

DDR4-3000 is usually Hynix i think (i have some) and not particularly ZEN friendly. I can only run mine at DDR4-2800 on my 2700x (2x dual-rank sticks).

Go for DDR4-3200 instead which is usually samsung and more likely to hit rated speed.

Just corrected some type-o’s in the title. This way, when people search for threadripper builds in the future, your post will show up and maybe help them configure their build just right :slight_smile: