Thinkpad T25 Worst Experience Ever!

I wanted to talk about the situation and the experience that I had with Lenovo, I was in the market for buying a new laptop, so I went and bought the Thinkpad T25, so it can be my daily driver when I travel, I use a desktop when I’m at home. I ordered the laptop and use it for one month then I traveled to Turkey due to some business.

While I’m in Turkey, one day I opened the laptop to do some work, and I couldn’t move the cursor, the touchpad was not working I had to use either the red dot or an external mouse. Firstly I thought it’s a software related problem, so I talked to Lenovo US tech support, they told me to send the laptop to the US, I told them I couldn’t I’m using this laptop as my daily driver. I told them I’m going to restore point the windows if it works it will be excellent if not I told them I would go through the process of resetting the whole Windows and reinstall it. They said yes, please do it.

I started with the restore point, and it didn’t work. Then I started the second process and formatting the drive and reinstalling Windows 10 which it didn’t work as well. Now I’m starting to think that this is a Hardware related issue. I called them back and gave them my case number and told them that I need my laptop to be fixed. They told me we can’t serve you because you are outside of the united states, ship the laptop back and we will see then, I searched online for the shipping prices for the US and it costs 250-350$ I told them I can’t ship it with this shipping rate it’s expensive, they said when you come back send it again… Like really? I’m traveling for business and my next destination is not united states and they are telling me to wait and not use the laptop? I told them If it’s possible to ship the part to my address in united states and I will forward it to my current location, and they refused they said we can’t because you are going to ship outside of the US??? Why do you care where I’m going to ship it!. I called them again and told them ok I will pay for the touchpad even though I’m under warranty just ship it to my address. They transferred me to sales where sales transferred me to encompass to buy the part, but encompass asked me to provide the part number because there are two different models of the Thinkpad T25, so they told me to call Lenovo back and ask them about the part number which did, but again they didn’t know what is the part number neither sales or tech support knew the part number, they started again to tell me to go back to encompass. It’s the worst experience I had with a laptop, the laptop is four weeks old, and the touchpad is not working.