Thinking custom case steam punk!

got a customer who’s into steam punk
so were thinking of building a special case (he wont be moving it anywhere from his man-cave
so were thinking 1/8 plate steel box with some vintage guages and meters. (hammered rivets and all)
optical drive will be behind a door.
and he’s got a steel cabinet he wants to put the screen in
he’s already told me he’s setting the display to monochrome (why i dont know)
i think he’s having the mouse and keyboard printed printed in a bronze or copper color. but dont know yet
might be interesting!

3 Likes

Got plans or images of said plans?

I’m in.

How about pipes?

EDIT: also:

4 Likes

I wanted to do this ages ago but my ambitions are currently beyond my abilities and budget.

My idea was a nice wood case, brass corners and details, nothing that did not look useful like the cogs and such that are usually on these. Brass pipe fittings and copper pipes, small ones for handles and such. Steel where appropriate.

The main thing I wanted was nixie tubes reading out the PCs stats like temperatures and Loads.

not at the moment just writing ideas down.
looking into sheet brass to make the shell and hammered copper sheet for the face plate.

Maybe copper tubing liquid cooling if you’re planning to liquid cool. That would look nice and be functional. And one of the gauge could be a kind of flow meter. Or to hide the cables. Like this https://www.extremetech.com/computing/254848-steampunk-chassis-amazing-case-water-cooled-rig-weve-ever-seen

Not sure, but someone who will set the display to monochrome doesn’t seem too much tech savvy to me…

as OP said:

I don’t think they’ll liquid cool it

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.