Things from Editor Autumn

favorite of mine
wendell meme face

6 Likes

lol

Some behind the scenes for a potential upcoming video

9 Likes

Shouldn’t you guys be working on a L0 podcast instead of reading comics graphic novels?

1 Like

Someone going against the guild, breaking ranks, and doing Screen Writing!

Quality better than all the Hollywood productions (right now)

And the Drama! Don’t get me started on the Drama! It almost beats the tragic comedy planned… The L0 back room team are indeed the OG’s…

(um, this is sarcasm…in case not obvious…)

Hey, Happy Holidays! Here’s a Boiler Snake.

18 Likes

Love this :fire:

2 Likes

That strikes me as it should be a fantastic pun, but maybe that’s just my Far Side humour talking. Super clean.

1 Like

I quite like the skull hermit crab idea, so here’s one I drew myself, with just a little help from DALL-E.

5 Likes

DALL-E has gotten really good! Have you tried the bing one?

Yeah, this one is from Bing. It’s really very good indeed, I barely even use my local StableDiffusion install now. I can tell Bing to draw a blue cat sitting on a table with a cup of coffee and it’ll give me three pictures of a table with a blue cat and a cup of coffee on top, and one with a cat sitting in a chair at a table drinking a coffee. SD would just give me these things in any random combination. Blue table. Coffee cat. Cat underneath a table.

Microsoft Designer is also worth a try. Bing only lets you do fifteen prompts a day before it makes you wait, but Microsoft Designer seems to always do them immediately, and as far as I can tell they use the same generation of DALL-E to draw.

1 Like

the last 2 panels lol

Thats rad.

1 Like

If that didn’t happen at least once to each and every one of us I’m probably in the wrong place. Those screenshots with the guild at midnight on newyear’s eve ain’t gonna capture themselves, right?

A lot of video editing work is cutting footage. It’s cutting the ends of a clip to get rid of silence. It’s cutting flubs and strange sounds. Its cutting bits and pieces from multiple takes to stich together and make the best possible video. But a lot of time, its just cutting down on the action.

Whether it’s an unboxing video, or a server build, there are things that just don’t need to be shown all the way through. You don’t need to see every piece of plastic removed, or see every screw unscrewed. Its boring.

“Enter as late as possible and leave as soon as possible.”
This is a screenwriting tip that I try to use in my video editing. Basically, what I try to do is cut all the boring stuff, but leave enough so we don’t have a “rest of the f***ing owl” situation.

This usually means I do a lot of quick cuts to get Wendell from point A to point D. Like I said before, you don’t need to see him screw every screw, but its fun to see him jump around the screen as the power drill buzzes away.

However, like many rules, there are exceptions. Level 1 Techs doesn’t technically have a time restraint on videos, but it is important to be as consistent as possible for the algorithm. For us, that means videos need to be between 10 and 20mins. So when a video is running long, I make cuts. But some moments are just too funny to pass up. So I keep them for myself.

This was one of those moments. @Level1_Amber makes an appearance in this one. Enjoy!

12 Likes

I wanted to laugh so bad, but alas, not supposed to laugh while holding the camera :rofl: there was a huge smile across my face tho for suree

7 Likes

Impressive composure from both professionals!

I would have yeeted that sucker across the room by the 30s mark :rofl:

6 Likes

Nice work- I wonder what the final edit will look like? It’s probably be 2 seconds and it’ll look like the shroud just gets sucked into position by magical forces.

It’s interesting to see the gingerness with the plastic shroud. My mind was screaming “press harder! flex it a little and it’ll go!” I guess that level of care is like the “mechanic’s feel”- knowing how much the material can take and not giving it more. There is a little bit of flexing to get around the intrusion detector, but nothing like a wholesale press fit to get the whole shroud on in one push.

1 Like

Apply the HAMMERFIST!

3 Likes

Percussive maintenance for the win.

2 Likes