They have unearthed E.T

Near on everybody has heard of the awful game for the Atari 2600 "E.T." the game also gets the blame for causing the '83 video game crash and rumor stating that truck loads of them were buried in the desert has circulated forever and I still see it debated to this day. Well they have dug up 'ole E.T. and confirmed yes the rumor is indeed true.

www.theverge.com/2014/4/26/5656288/construction-workers-unearth-legendary-cache-of-atari-games-in-new

What I also found funny in this article is they say "Today's dig became a reality thanks to an upcoming documentary, produced by Microsoft's Xbox Entertainment Studios. The documentary, which will focus on the changing landscape of the video game industry, is expected to come out next year, and it is part of a broader push by Microsoft to produce original video content for Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners. Its biggest project is a live-action Halo TV series connected to Steven Spielberg."

Could the XboxOne be the next Atari 2600? I guess we will have to wait and find out.

Another thread with the same topic has already been created.

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/general-discussion/they-found-it-atari-2600-games/176769

Locking thread.