Thermaltake Tower 900 Big Boi AMD Build

Hey, guys. Thought I’d share the future build I’ve been planning on getting together by December. The idea here is that I’m shooting for a build that I will not be replacing any core component of for… 5+ years at least. Also, I want an excuse to get back into watercooling and having such a beastly rig is a good excuse I’d say.

At the moment I am still gaming at 1080p, but will be moving to 1440p for a main monitor with one 1080p monitor mounted above that and a vertical oriented monitor to both the left and right of them for a total of four… but I also have a pen-touch monitor I need to find a way to fit into this. Perhaps I can dump the 1080p one above the main one if I don’t have the means of connecting five in total. Needless to say, part of why I’m sharing my future build is for some recommendations on how to go about this because, as I said, this build is for the long haul.

I use my computer basically constantly while I"m at home, even if I’m not on it (music, documentaries in the background if I’m cleaning, etc). The main power-uses of my computers are gaming and occasional video editing with Premiere Pro and 2D art with programs such as Krita. Now that my roomie has a 3D printer, I may also learn some 3D modeling as well. For reference sake, my installation of Skyrim is the most demanding thing I have ever used my computer for. It puts my current Ryzen 7 2700x and RX 480 GPU under quite the load, with the VRAM, for example, capping out at 7.8 out of 8GBs at, again, just 1080p. For anyone who might wonder why my next GPU in the list will have at least 12GBs of VRAM, there ya go. I may only use a fraction of 12GBs most of hte time, but when I need it, I don’t want to lack it.

I have estimated this build will cost about $3,000, water-cooling included, if bought from Newegg and I use all viable parts that I already own, such as hard drives and some water cooling supplies. This estimation is assuming that GPU prices go back to normal by December. If not, it’s more likely to be around $4,000. FML. It’s a good thing I’m self employed these days and can work extra hours whenever I want.

My current parts list such (Mobo and PSU units were just picked from whatever had the sockets I needed and were 4+ stars on Newegg at the time):
Thermaltake Tower 900 case
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x CPU
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB GPU
ASRock B550 Taichi Razer Edition Mobo
G.Skill Trident Z 4x16GB 3,200 RAM
SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W PSU
6 Western Digital Blacks HDDs
2 Western Digital Blues M.2 SSDs
1 Blue Ray drive

The watercooling setup is going to be a fairly simple one. It will cool the GPU and CPU with the rest of the mobo being cooled through airflow drawn through the case. It will use two tower reservoir + pump combinations sitting inside the case with a SINGLE loop, soft-tubing setup routing the water into the back of the case, as it’s designed, to two full length rads. The path will be: pump - CPU - rad - pump - GPU - rad - repeat (I am aware it technically doesn’t matter, but I believe this will look best given the case). I figured a single loop will be safest as, if one pump fails, it doesn’t immediately mean a component is in danger. Sensors will help keep track of pump health.

The picture included is not exactly what I’m going for, but the layout is mostly the same.

I am including the PCpartpicker link because it shows a potential incompatibility and could not figure out if it was valid or not.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gRQzTJ

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.