Theory Craft KVM question

I was wondering how hard it would be to kinda mix the KVMs. Say I only wanted one of my systems to be able to have 2 x DP1.4, but then the other system or two, to use DP1.2 so that I could get monitor emulation (this way I wouldn’t need to buy the additional emulation modules as Linux doesn’t handle having monitors disconnected as well as Windows).

Would it be possible to say have PC1 be capable of DP1.4 and then PC2+ have DP1.2 with emulation or on a four PC device, PC1 and 2 with DP1.4 and 3 and 4 with DP1.2 with emulation?

I know this is probably very niche and probably not as possible as I am thinking. My use case would be to have my gaming desktop using DP1.4 and then my work laptop with DP1.2 for the emulation, as when I switch without emulation evertying forces onto the laptop monitor and then doesn’t restore when I switch back, even then though sometimes I need to go back into settings and re-enable the monitor. I have purchased the HDMI repeaters, for the laptop, but I am looking at upgrading to the 4 PC model as now I have a personal laptop that I would like to be my primary programming system.

Since it runs Linux, I would need two more HDMI repeaters. Right now, I have a dock plugged into the laptop handling power delivery and monitor output, which then goes into the repeaters, then the KVM, and out to the monitors. So, I could just move the TB4 cable between laptops as needed. However, I usually leave my work laptop on during the week as I leave scans running overnight, so disconnecting the KVM would still have the same issues.