I'm building a PC to run Triple ROG swifts, on top of that I do CAD and game development this build has been on the planning table since the announcement of Haswell-E.
I'm a builder/modder by way of being a metal worker by trade and then undertaking a computer science degree at university, mostly because I had a little trouble retaining my job when the firm I worked for went under.
This is a replacement that will hopefully last me years given all the parts hold out. If there is anything suggestions to be made by helpful constructive people I welcome them though don't bother telling me I am wasting my money as it is spent and
The parts List.
- CPU: Intel 5960X
- Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus Motherboard
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz 16GB - 4 x 4GB
- GPU: Galaxy GeForce GTX 980 4GB X 2
- Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB + assorted external storage solutions.
- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 280mm AIO
- PSU: BitFenix Fury 750W Modular
- OS: Win 7 Pro 64Bit
- Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Black
- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Black switches Green LED
- Mouse: Razor Oroboros
- Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780
Later will come mods like a custom SLI bridge, Green/Black sleeved cable extensions, a custom water loop and possibly a custom paint job depending on how long this case sticks around.
I will be adding links to picks as the build comes together. I will also add a video log of the build if people would like to see that.
Cheers from Australia PowerOnPCs AKA JD