The X99 Green Machine

I'm building a PC to run Triple ROG swifts, on top of that I do CAD and game development this build has been on the planning table since the announcement of Haswell-E.

I'm a builder/modder by way of being a metal worker by trade and then undertaking a computer science degree at university, mostly because I had a little trouble retaining my job when the firm I worked for went under.

This is a replacement that will hopefully last me years given all the parts hold out. If there is anything suggestions to be made by helpful constructive people I welcome them though don't bother telling me I am wasting my money as it is spent and

The parts List.

• CPU: Intel 5960X
  • Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus Motherboard
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz 16GB - 4 x 4GB
  • GPU: Galaxy GeForce GTX 980 4GB X 2
  • Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB + assorted external storage solutions.
  • Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 280mm AIO
  • PSU: BitFenix Fury 750W Modular
  • Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Black
  • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Black switches Green LED
  • Mouse: Razor Oroboros
  • Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780

Later will come mods like a custom SLI bridge, Green/Black sleeved cable extensions, a custom water loop and possibly a custom paint job depending on how long this case sticks around.

I will be adding links to picks as the build comes together. I will also add a video log of the build if people would like to see that.

Cheers from Australia PowerOnPCs AKA JD

To fully take advantage of the X99 platforms newest technology ... I would recommend the unrivaled speed of the new Samsung XP941 Series 512GB Gen.3 M.2-2280  PCIe x4 SSD with transfer speeds up to 32Gb/s

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mzhpu512hcgl00000

Yes a M.2 SSD is in the works, the store I ordered my parts from didn't have particularly competitive pricing on them though, also same story with the memory but that's not something i could just leave out till a later date.