The Tek: Overclocking Dance Party | Wuhan China | Tek Syndicate

Damn you guys dress for success. All you need is a black powerglove and a cyberdeck and you'd be straight out of Neuromancer.

That information is so useful!

It has become pretty cheap, we have transparent panels available. We should, going forward, just start replacing all windows with solar panels, or new buildings should only be solar panel windows. That's a crap ton of energy that can then be distributed through the grid. Then you throw a kick back at companies who are using those panels, so they are more likely to have it setup.

How many of you are in China? Feels like Wendell + someone else in the crew (the channel needs more Jennifer) could cover The Tek a week or two. It would probably make for some interesting episodes that many would enjoy.

I appreciate that you try to make an episode even from a different location, and understand the difficulties of this.
Thank you!
A travel podcast could be of interest for the users and fans as an alternative to pushing Logan and Qain to setup for The Tek?

It still does not solve the instant power problem. Evening time sun has gone down, it is winter, low light all day, lots of energy use in Tue evenings and into the night with heat and lights in early.

Solar is gone now pretty much it cannot supply that surged of need. Something, can be coal does not have to be, needs to be in place to serve that need. The grid is not a battery, it can ballancd power in and out but not really store it (to a degree but not to any practical level).

I still want everything you said, sounds wonderful, but there are limitations. Still want it to happen.

This is what happens when you force students to pay their way through college while the rest of the world subsidizes its workforce so that they have a college education for basically free or dirt cheap in comparison.

Those workers don't have to compensate for student loans and other bullshit and can work for way cheaper. Sure in some parts like India their standard of living may be lower so that working at these tech companies presents a more favorable option as well, but if I'm gonna hire someone who needs to be paid more just because they have loans hanging over their head vs someone who can work for dirt cheap because they don't, I'm gonna pick the cheaper of the two.

That, and India apparently has some rock solid IT schools, so that too.

7:43 Dont feel sad Logan I appreciate what you do, I've been watching tech update since the beginning.

I don't see why you didn't just show the kickstarter for the $15 supercomputer....

Kickstarter isn't blocked in China :D

They have rock solid IT schools, yet there are times when working with them. They don't listen, and have know idea how to do basic console commands.

That's where we take Canada's model of clean coal burning compared to ours, for nights. That or rely on Fission or Fusion energy. Just dump used rods in volcanoes, or bury several miles deep under ground.

1 Like

Job title for Tek hosts: Bearded Protektor