Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
    Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.1
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.3.6
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 17.3.6
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 17.3.6
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10

Hmm, definitely doesnā€™t seem like a graphics stack issue.

Seems to have resolved itself though.

Nope, just happened again.

Itā€™s probably intermittent.

2 Likes

Ha, they just added it: https://dev.solus-project.com/D2533

Wow, like JUST. thatā€™s a really recent addition.

3 Likes

theyā€™re watching us :eyes:

2 Likes

It was PulseAudio failing to handle a USB audio device and a displayport audio device at the same time. Started happening because amdgpu driver updated added displayport audio passthrough for the WX5100.

Unplugged the usb audio device for now. Seems fixed after reboot.

That would do it.

Damn pulseā€¦ Iā€™ve never really had issues with multiple audio sources, but Iā€™m really sure why pulse would interact with the DE like that to cause sluggishness.

The DE would freeze because the audio icon in the top panel would crash and relaunch everytime the system made a noise (there was no visual indication of this though)ā€¦ it made tab completion so much fun /s

2 Likes

So in proxmoxā€¦

if you can do shared iSCSI storage for nodes in a cluster

How can you translate that to fibre channel instead?

looks like i have to use LVM

This has been driving me batty:
Under KDE (Centos7.4) Firefox plugins appear to be running away copying things to the clip-board making the clipboard non-functionalā€¦ all cut&paste is broken - even within emacs because of this.

Note the count on the upper right, in real-time, its moving so fast its a blur, perhaps 1,000 per second (no exaggeration):
xclip_runaway

Self-destructing cookie plugin was definitely one source, but it appears either ublock or ghostery (or maybe just firefox itself???) is also blasting the clip-board with something.

I have to log out and log back in and I get a few hours of cut&paste and then this comes backā€¦ This all started around the time meltdown and specter patches to firefox kicked in.

So Iā€™m trying to switch from Windows to Solus as my main now, but thereā€™s one problem. Well thereā€™s a couple actually (mostly getting software to run thatā€™s only meant for Windows/macOS), but the main one Iā€™m having right now is just using multiple storage devices like I can in Windows.

I have

• 500GB Samsung 850 Evo with Solus
  • 480GB SanDisk Ultra II with Windows
  • 1TB WD 7200 RPM HDD for games (set up in Windows)
  • 4TB WD 5400 RPM HDD for mass storage (set up in Windows)

If Iā€™m just running Solus off the 500 GB SSD there are no issues, but the other drives do not show by default. If I click ā€œOther Locationsā€ in the file manager, they show up, but I have to do that every time I start my computer and thatā€™s annoying. Is there a way to set them to mount automatically by default?

Second, I want to set my Steam library to install to the 1TB HDD (the 500GB SSD wonā€™t be enough for all the games), but even after itā€™s mounted it doesnā€™t show up when I try to re-assign my Steam library folder. Does anyone know how to fix this?

This should tell you all you need to know for how to auto mount drives and what not

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fstab

2 Likes

Iā€™m experiencing severe heating issues with 1800X on Fedora and Debian. I replaced heatsink, replaced fan, added larger heatsink.

Installed Windows today just for some testsā€¦ 17o C. Put it under load, and it got up to like 59o C.

Anyone know what would be causing this on Linux? 4.9 and 4.15, for Debian and Fedora.

install powertop and look at what it says. It might reveal whats causing it.

You should also look at system monitor and dmesg for anything that looks out of the ordinary

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ll check out powertop and dmsg. System Monitor and htop didnā€™t reveal anything.

1 Like

Having some trouble with an NFS setup.

This is a super lightweight VM running Fedora 27 Server, CLI only, mainly for qbittorrent-nox. I SSH into it, and the network setup is bridged to the host and assigned an IP based off the MAC. The host machine is also the NFS destination, if that makes sense.

The line in the fstab is this:
192.168.0.248:/mnt/homeserver_share /mnt/homeserver nfs rw,soft,retrans=6,timeo=600,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 0 0

When I do mount -a I get mount.nfs: No route to host. Iā€™ve allowed the nfs service in the firewall, and made sure the service is running.

Not sure what else.