The RYZEN 1000 Thread! Summit Ridge - General Discussion

I can just speak for me but

I'm just old enough to remember FPSs back then and looking up and down simply wasn't a thing.

2 Likes

the game wasn't UT4, and i think i'm technically still under NDA about the alpha

we did have a joystick, i think it just felt natural switching from inverted controls of flight sims to inverted controls for fps even though 1 used a joystick and the other a mouse.

Are you being serious or not?

CPUs are still an important part of how games perform. Even with dx12 and vulkan games do the cpus matter less, and even then, the cpus can still have a fairly large impact on minimum and maximum frame rates.

You nailed it. My brain is trained with inverted Y axis for the same reason.

what was the name of thar really old attack helicopter flight sim? Apache?

Not sure now. I did play that game, but I was more into jets. I use to play a game when you could fly a F-15 or F-14 out to take down enemy jets or bomb targets and return to base a lot too.

I'm being deadly serious. I'm not going to spend 100 $/£/Euros more on CPU just because it gives me 5 more FPS in my game of choice.

I don't know what either of you are talking about. The first FPS with mouselook I ever played was the original Quake, and my brain had no trouble transitioning from inverted to standard Y-axis orientation. Also, you must've had a lot of trouble navigating the ship concourse and your computer in general, if your brain was wired for an inverted Y-axis...or did you invert it in your OS as well?

I can't believe you have such an issue with this. You know technically inverted is not inverted and normal is inverted? When you aim in a FPS, the screen is moving in the opposite direction to the direction you move the mouse, to make it appear like you are turning in the direction that you moved your mouse. Aiming in first person is completely different than moving a mouse on desktop.

It's not a moving screen, it's rotation. When you rotate your "view", your hand moves with it. It's not inverted.

1 Like

I don't have an "issue" with it, nor do I have a problem with it. I just never heard of this before, and I'm having trouble comprehending it, that's all. It's just inconceivable to me. We don't need to discuss this further. I don't want to completely derail the thread. It is what it is.

1 Like

EDIT: Added more videos and maybe Austin will unprivate that vid.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY I"M HAVING A NERDGASMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AaaAAAaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaAAaaaa...
That's all I can say...
I want to know the actual prices of the lower end. I mean it's all fine and dandy, but I really want to know the pricing of all those 6c12t pieces of beauty. Also motherboards...
Not to mention of course we will all wait for third party benchmarks before 17 thousand people tell us to...

5 Likes

Yeah I want to see the prices of the low power apu's. They say 82+ motherboards. Amd has ryzen from the ashes into a beautiful phoenix

2 Likes

Yay. Real competition in the CPU space. Now i wait for real world testing to see if i will get one or a price cut intel chip.

EDIT- I love all the idiot you tube comment's talking about how intel is going to go under because of this.

8 Likes

It's a brave new world. I did certainly not expect AMD to beat Intel at their own game. Blender, Handbrake, Cinebench etc, all has been Intel's high ground for soo very long. Well, not anymore I guess.

5 Likes

I would imagine now they will just release something from their cache of stuff they have been sitting on for years.

This is insane. I'm dying to see the 1600X in action.

7 Likes

If Intel goes under it will be for completely different reasons. Their own stupidity and bad management, but I doubt that. Intel may last a decade before it goes under... This may only help...

Or if they start putting AMD Gpu's in their CPU's. :P

1 Like