The Post Your Office Chair Thread!

Another IKEA. Picked it up about two years ago because the last one I had of a similar model served me well for a decade until the gas cylinder started acting up. Today I could afford something more expensive, but with a little bit of well positioned extra padding in the back I find this one to be fine. No arms because my desk has an inward curve (which is awesome).

For reference my frame is about 6,2" 250lbs

I have been in a Steelcase Leap chair for the last 2 1/2 years. Highly recommend, I am a bigger guy and have had no problem with the build quality. I work from home and use the chair a lot, between work/gaming, probably the most used piece of furniture in the house.

I can also vouch for Aeron Build quality... I'm 6'2" ~245± lbs, had the chair for almost 10 years, and it doesn't squeak or bend one bit. The foam arms get my full weight sometimes, and are basically perfect, except for some smoothing from wear.

It's an insane investment, but I'll likely have it for the rest of my life, even if I find something I want to try. It's not going to get sold, because it's still a really amazing piece.

Frankly the chair is like 15 years old by design, it is maybe more of a timeless design at this point. Still a good concept, but there might be better technology systems out there. @wendell precious looks really strong - I would give serious respect to that by the looks of it. My criticism, is the Aeson could have more active support. It tends to be kind of hammock, so it breaths REALLY WELL, but after like 10 years, I would like something firmer.

what monitor are you using? The ultra widescreen one?

I have some steelcase chair from like the 80's. Its orange and shits dust. I got it out of a dumpster at my highschool. I'm looking into a DxRacer though.

just dont get a gt OMEGA. i wish i would have just gotten a dxracer. its more comfortable

1 Like

Yes, it's an Asus MX299Q. Only 2560 x 1080 though. I'm trying to sell it to move to 4k

That is my current chair... Will update once I go home...

2 Likes

I have a DXRacer MAX, it's amazing.

Don't have pics on mobile

Here's a new Glam picture of my desk and chair

2 Likes

Right now I have a chair I picked up from the local hotel furniture surplus place, surprisingly comfy, but ugly as sin. I just heard today from some co-workers, that the local thrift shop was a bunch of +$600 chairs for $50 from the last company they worked at, I might go check them out.

Gorgeous setup. Are all those monitors 1440p?

Very nice setup there... but... computer... on the ground ╰(ಥдಥ)ノ

the local thrift shop was a bunch of +$600 chairs for $50 from the last company they worked at, I might go check them out.

Do it! You need Three good things in life. A good pair of shoes, A good chair, and A good bed. Because you'll always be in one of them at any time during the day.

@Ethereal
Left: Shimian 27" 1440p Glossy
Middle: Xstar 27" 1440p Matte
Right: AOC 21.5" 1080p Matte
I made sure they all have the same (almost) pixel density at about ~108PPI

@ThatBootsGuy It's on a wooden board, It's not on carpet fortunately. I wouldn't dare put it on the carpet.

1 Like