The only reason to get Windows "Pro"

I like pro for RDP. Really nice when I have an old laptop but a decent desktop. I just remote into the better computer.

Yeah power shell. You have that control to gut the system to bare essentials. I always do that when I fresh install. Take a day or two and go through the bare fresh install and strip it down chop shop style to have a completely clean starting point.

i am glad that you have the patience for that. to me its anti consumer and dont wish to give them false hope that were are just taking it. plus i am not going to reward a company for not supporting new hardware on older OS that are not at end of life cycle of guaranteed support. (i am stubborn and will make a full switch to Linux before i give into 10)

1 Like

You are absolutely right it is all if those. And it sucks but I am willing to put the time in at the start. I am that kind if person who has to fix things and enjoys it. Some times finding out why a game won't run is more fun than the game.

But yeah it is not a nice thing, or consumer friendly at all.

1 Like

No Windows 8.1 is the best. No start menu is forgivable b.c you can just download classic shell. It's lighter than windows 7, but also more stable. I don't think I ever had an actual crash on windows 8. My favorite windows release to date. I'd still be on it if it weren't for the gaming advantages that windows 10 has.