The no BS Ryzen Thread: All official information on Ryzen here

X370 is the enthusiast platform and SLI/CF is an enthusiast thing, sooooo ...
I don't see a problem there.

1 Like

Maybe it's down to motherboard the manufactures to decide if they add multi GPU to the chipset.

Just go man!

You don't say...
Anyways, are there any words on other than the 8c16t chips? I mean the rumors are, but have AMD confirmed what core and thread count chips there will be, or all we have is rumors?

SLI and CF certificate cost money. You need to pay, for what i know something like 10$ for EVERY SLI PRODUCT... You sell 100 boards with SLI certification - send Nvidia 1000$...
So it's logical, that most board manufacturers will not try to certify all boards, capable of SLI...
It's just a 10$ sticker on the board...

It is all rumors so far but given that the charts from WCCF and other places were accurate on the 8 cores, I would take those other numbers as nearly factual.

1 Like

I personally dont really see much reasons why you would buy the 1800X.
The 1700 and 1700X is where its at if you want and need an 8 core part.
I mean 200mhz clock diffrence does not really justify the additional $100+ price premium.
But wenn it comes to bang for buck the 1600X is probablly more then enough for most people.
So i exally expect that the 1600 and 1600X are going to be the top sellers.

2 Likes

The 1800X is AMD saying "Look what we have done!"

I believe the 1700 will be better selling than the 1600X, just because moar cores!

1 Like

Well i exally dont think so, because the 1600X is just a sweetspot chip for gamers at its price point.
But that would of course be depending on the price diffrence.
I mean 6 cores 12 threads are more then enough for any game.
So they will most likelly spend that additional money towards a higherend gpu rather.
Atleast thats what i probablly would recommend to gamers.

As always, I expect unbalanced prebuilds. And to sell a system, you need to have it good enough but also cheap. The low i7 & rx 460/1050ti was the classic one. Now it might switch to 1700 (as the price is close enough) & rx 460/1050ti. Time will tell, I guess.

I will recommend the same. Just to keep in mind we are here talking about best practice while others put blind faith in their local reseller.

I bought the 1800x because an extra £100 is not the end of the world for me, I already have top tier GPUs and I'm running a 8370e.

If you only upgrade the GPUs every couple of years, £100 over a few years isn't that bad.

It still doesn't make sense to get the 1800x over the 1700x or 1600x, but £480 is a lot less that £1000 + the 2011 mb, so I thought why not.

It's £850 to get the top of the line Ryzen, 32 Gb DDR4 @3200 and a mobo. To me that isn't that bad, so I pulled the trigger. I guess it depends on you bank account, to some £1500 on the 6950 is nothing, so they can justify it.

A cynic knows the price but not the value, and all that.... It's still foolish to buy without actually knowing that much about the CPUs though.

Yeah of course if you look at the masses of people who are buying prebuild computers,
then the 1700 might indeed sell pretty well.
Of course with prebuilds 8 core 16 threads looks better on paper.
Also the 65W tdp of that chip makes it a bit easier to stuff prebuild with cheaper parts aswell.
So in prebuilds i think we gonne see those often.

1 Like

Does anyone know about nvme raid 0 support?

Yeah, I do. It's dumb.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Not sure if this is still an intel only technology?
with nvme.

M.2 is going to be supported so by extension nvme.
However things like Thunderbolt which are Intel only unless you pay a large fee are likely not to be on AM4 boards unless its a special motherboard or something.

1 Like

Ah yeah okay, but nvme raid support is what @net200777 was asking for.
Not that i would personally even recommend to use two drives in raid0.
But yeah.

M.2 on AM4 is on PCIe
So its by default nvme not ... The sata one

1 Like

Is 2280 not just the physical size of the card? Did you mean SATA?

1 Like