The no BS Ryzen Thread: All official information on Ryzen here

Also yes I agree with you.

4 Likes

An unreliable source is an unreliable source; there are two ryzen threads, why add unreliable sources to the 'no bs' version?

Good for you go be stupid in the other thread this is not for that.

My review:

:D

3 Likes

"Users looking for a step up from 7700k without losing single threaded performance, and great multicore performance without going all the way up to 6900k, Ryzen 1800x is the one for you."

-Linus

OMFG! THANK YOU! This was exactly what i was looking for. Brb guys. Buying Ryzen !

Edit: Hold the phone. Gamer's nexus has more critical information. It's never that simple huh.

2 Likes
1 Like

It pissing me off all the reviews are stock speed. Intel K parts dont get reviewed at stock speeds.....Does Ryzen overclock or not.

kinda
4 ghz yes
4.1 on all cores.... maybe
4.2 ghz really maybe
4.3+ silicon lottery is a thing
5 Ghz daily oh hell no

2 Likes

GN REVIEW BOIS

Does that mean buy a 1700 overclock it to 4G ?

probably if you have decent cooling.

Tech City did this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caDxAJMAu0w&t=253s

It took overclocking into account.

Unfortunately, it looks like this is more for a productivity market. Current games are still poorly optimized for so many cores, and as such I retract my previous statement. I will not be buying ryzen for my current build. I'll be getting 7700k. Ryzen is a beast for other things that does not involve gaming (for now.)

And the video above shows scary deltas of fps that would really matter to a gamer. Something that gamer's nexus seemed to find out for the 1800x as well. It's a hard truth to swallow, but 'C'est la vie'.

I better start looking for a really good delidding tool cuz i heard 7700k brings the heat.

1 Like

On mobile so not watching the videos yet. The important thing for gaming. Will it stay consistently above your monitors refresh rate. That all that matters.

No point in 200fps if you have a 60hz monitor. Even a 7700k will be wasted in that circumstance.

EDIT For Future Generations: This is also where DSR/VSR comes in. Force the GPU to work harder. Takes pressure off the CPU, oddly can result in higher frames.

1 Like

My monitor hits 165hz, 1440p.1080 is planned for this build (possibly 1080 ti if it's available sooner than expected.)

1 Like

Have one, it does. 1.245v on my H100i gtx reaches 67c. To push it to 4.7 I had to go to 1.33v and hit 82c. 5ghz is currently unattainable for me because much more than 1.33 and it thermal throttles. I'll be looking for a delid tool myself.

I have every reason to upgrade EXCEPT my CPU. I rock a 4770k at 4ghz and I've so far not even come close bottlenecking the CPU. Games are still GPU bound.

The R7 is a great step in the right direction IMO as games will continue to utilize more cores/threads. I have no doubts am4 is my next platform.

This decision would be a lot easier if i could find out for sure that in 1 year Ryzen will pull ahead of the 7700k in terms of gaming.

But will we really have 6-8 core games released in the next year? I dont know...

Is it worth the gamble?

Ryzen boards on massdrop

2 Likes

Ryzen is shaping up nicely.

I still have my i7 4930k and ASUS X79 Motherboard which I bought USED around 2 1/2 years ago... I've been a little lucky I think.

If the CPU itself ever ends up going, or until it really falls behind in gaming, then I hope AMD will be continuing to do their thing.

Paul's benchmark: