Wow, ok. I was wrong.
Never heard of that one.
Sorry.

1 Like

you should sell that right meow while its still worth a lot

I hop theres dual socket setups sometime soon o

Naples coming Q2.

We literally already posted it.

That being said, that was the only 990FX motherboard with it. Even then it was through PLX so not really the same thing. Worse actually.

Eitherway there is no difference and it sin't worth the extra cost. Even with multi gpu there isn't a difference.

It's cool. Most people haven't. It was extremely rare. They didn't make very many at all because it was totally pointless

That will be a different socket though

I never could tell the difference :)

Is that what that is? I thought Naples was the APU line.

That's Raven Ridge. Naples is Server class.

o0 Huh!
Still, there will be two of those on one board. Soooo ;)

hoLY SHET.

Building a dream box. Need 3000 dollars x.x

1 Like

Yeah. I was more qualifying it because I don't want people to get the idea that you can just plug in two $400 CPUs have have a 16 core beast.

The sever stuff will be LGA, much larger, more PCIE and memory channels, and a lot more expensive.

But don't you build all your computers out of stuff you find in the garbage? Mild sarcasm

3 Likes

so on the PCIe lanes debate remember that the x370 chip set will support an additional 8 lanes of PCIe gen 2 beyond the PCIe gen 3 lanes.

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Motherboards/AMD-Details-AM4-Chipsets-and-Upcoming-Motherboards/Ryzen-and-AM4-Continued

2 Likes

Not..... All.

Well one. But we don't talk about that one >.>

Not to derail too hard, but yeah I just found it a bit odd you'd buy one because you always are yelling about expensive parts and how old stuff is better...

1 Like

I am looking at stuff that does show a small difference between pci-3 gen 3 and pci-e gen 2 at higher resolutions than 1080p. Why buy an 1800x and only run 480's at 1080p.

now that is a different matter entirely
1 480 is really all 1080p really needs tbh
but
its rather off topic

is so pretty

:D

2 Likes

Not those box renders obviously lol

still, will be cool seeing the real thing

Yeah, the CPU has x16 PCIe 3.0 for graphics and an extra x4 PCIe 3.0 dedicated for storage. The chipset has additional x8 PCIe 2.0 lanes.

Between the two it seems to have a respectable amount of lanes. Plenty enough for SLI/Crossfire, an M.2 SSD, and an extra card or two.

1 Like