The Future For "Enthusiast" Level Hardware

Let’s hope so. I also can’t buy anything atm so waiting is a good option at the current time.
Well for now my 3960X does its job and I don’t need much more but having an option open for the future would be cool to see/have.

Threadripper pricing according to AnhPhuH on Twitter.

TR PRO 5995WX - MSRP $7,029 (64 / 128)
TR PRO 5975WX - MSRP $3,589 (32 / 64)
TR PRO 5965WX - MSRP $2,572 (24 / 48)

2 Likes

Pretty much what I was expecting in terms of pricing and available DIY SKUs.

I certainly got an eye on the 5965WX with 24 cores. 4 CCDs with 6 cores each and full 32MB L3 per CCD. The 5900x equivalent for TR Pro. I’m a bit disappointed in the 5975WX with the same L3 although several EPYC 32-core SKUs having 256MB.

Let’s see if we get some new boards besides the MC62 (older) from Gigabye and the AsRock one (which is more consumer-stlye Windows workstation)

1 Like

This is what I was looking at:

1 Like

That’s an old design, I was talking about new boards that come with 5000 series. I’m not sure if ASUS will backorder that model, because availability is rather bad from what I’ve seen.

Correct, but older means the bugs have probably been worked out and the BIOS is mature. :smiley:

Getting a spanking new socket, CPU and Mobo combo on day one of release is going to have teething issues. I like stability.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.