The coax cable terminal in my new home is a little weird

I connected my FRITZ!Box 6660 cable modem to the bottom terminal and I do get signal but the cable is not snug in the port because as you can see in the photo the port has no threads.

Has anyone seen a similar terminal, is there an adapter I can buy for it?

I would unscrew the faceplate and look at what it looks like from the back. You could likely get a new wall plate with the proper coax connector

Also, not sure where you are, but where I am at, it is known for technicians to disconnect the other end of coax, when a tenant moves out, so that the next tenant has to pay for a technician visit to connect it back.

I had to call in a technician every time I moved; free ‘self-install’ never worked.

Doesn’t look like a normal F Barrel or F connector. Probably BNC style UHF connection.

Call ur isp to send a tech or see if local hardware stores have any similar sized replacement plates.

Could also pull the plate before hand make sure there’s a RG59 or RG6 cable behind it.

My first thought was the upper left kinda looks like a male BNC as well, but it is slightly different. Seems to be missing the little pins that would latch a BNC and also missing the usually little “ring” indent in the outer shell near where those pins would be. The hole in the wallplate also isnt big enough to fit the BNC cable around that.

1 Like

I did some comparisons with different connector types available online, and it looks visually similar to both the PL71 and SMB connector types.
But those are quite a bit smaller, and not normally used in consumer equipment because of their high cost.

It makes me wonder what kind of equipment was even meant to plug into that panel.

I would guess DIN antenna connector.

Plug looks something like this:

2 Likes

Oh wow, yeah, I think you’re right.
I forgot that those kind of connectors are used in car radios all the time.

I did some searching on ebay, and wasn’t able to find any suitible adapters though.
I think that unless he wants to do some soldering, it’ll probably be best to get the socket replaced in the panel with a conventional F-type connector.