The biggest change in my life

I think I’m daydreaming, I started my day as usual by going to the office to work and my boss was waiting for me with a smile along with some co-workers, I was obviously wondering what is happening? and he just told me that I was promoted to a better position as well as a better workplace, I am very, very happy, it is definitely the opportunity of my life, I am sorry to leave some things behind, along with people, colleagues work, some acquaintances from the neighborhood and others, but hey, if life tells me to go there then I’ll go there, I have a week or so to be with all my things in NY, because yes, I’m going to work and live to NY, my boss takes care of where I stay, but he told me that I should take care of the move, I am currently located in Boston and what I was going to do is, does anyone here know a moving company that can take me from Boston to NY? and remember that I need it as soon as possible, don’t make me wait 1 month to leave

It’s possible to hypercommute from Boston to NY if you’ll be located in the city. The Acela runs several times a day and is the fastest train in North America.

I don’t suggest it permanently, but it can make the move less stressful or allow you flexibility in your timeline.

I don’t have a specific recommendation for movers in that area. I’ve been relocated using corporate-paid movers. When I have paid myself, I’ve used uHaul’s ala carte services for movers and uBoxes, and my experiences have been mostly positive. Moves vary greatly in cost depending on how much stuff you have.

Remember that moving things often cost more than replacing them, since you pay by volume and distance. If it’s not sentimental, heirloom, or compact, it might be time to replace it rather than move it.

4 Likes

Hello, thanks for answering, I had not thought about all that you say, but it is not only for a matter of saving money that I want to take my things, I also have many things of sentimental value and it will take me a long time to recover them, m That is why I need to take each of my belongings. There must be a company that can help me with this. I still understand that they are not easy to find.

I don’t know how many people are in the Boston area to give you any better recommendations than a basic web search. I believe the reason that @imhigh.today suggested The Acela was so that you wouldn’t be in such a rush to move. You could take your time and figure out which company you want to go with.

1 Like

Where in NY are you going to work? If it’s Manhatthan, then are you supposed to be there 5 days a week?
Are you currently staying in a home or an apartment?
How much stuff (furniture/electronics/cars/bikes) do you need to move?
If your office is in Manhatthan then you want to consider options and check with a Tax accountant as well, as taxes there are higher than, say New Jersey …

Commute from New Jersey is a normal thing, if painful because of rush hours, it is normal for the commute to take 60-90 minutes.
Same goes for Brooklin and Long Island, Jersey has had more development and there’s much more options available.
Are you moving alone or do you have to consider kids/schools and such?

In many states movers are a licensed profession. If they are in your state make sure that you get movers who are licensed and bonded, and put some tile or apple trackers in your things in case it makes a detour to a pawn shop.