Hi,
I’m looking to buy a device that has touchscreen and digitizer support for styluses. I want to run Linux on this device, however I have a couple of questions regarding Linux support on these devices. And by that I mean if I buy a device that doesn’t say they explicitly support Linux (or outright they don’t) will I have problems getting the screen and peripherals to work, and will anything prevent me from using the keyboard to adjust speaker volume, display brightness and perhaps also keyboard backlight brightness?
There’s the Framework Laptop 12, whose Linux support will leave no doubts in my brain, but I’m afraid it really doesn’t meet my needs/wants hardware-wise. If we look at something like the Lenovo Yoga Slim 14" 7i or 9i 2-in-1, 60Hz LCD vs. 120Hz OLED on the Lenovo is quite a stark contrast, and I want to drive 1 or 2 high resolution screens off of the device while making sure it doesn’t chug in the UI. But I’m not sure about the state (and future) of Linux support on these devices. I’ve also thought about buying a regular laptop and a tablet separately, but I would honestly prefer having everything in one device and not having to carry 2 devices around.
If the feasibility of running Linux “conveniently” on unsupported hardware is low, where should I look for a more modern/high-end stylus supporting device that has explicit support for Linux? Could they be somewhere like AliExpress from an unknown/foreign brand?
Thanks.