This is super interesting. I’ve been looking for a GPU to replace my aging GTX 1080. I’m well into my 30s now and no longer gaming very much. Most of my GPU-demanding tasks have been reduced to CAD and 3D printing slicing. But recently, I’ve been gaining interest in machine learning. I’m into film photography, and one thing that plagues those of us who develop and scan films at home is defects from dust and scratches that mar the film post-scanning. I’ve been shooting for over 3 years now and have accrued a wealth of scanned negatives. I’ve since explored the field of semantic segmentation as a means to isolate these defects for later inpainting. My current hardware is capable and I do have the time to wait a week for training loops to execute, lol. But it would definitely be interesting to get better hardware so I can explore some of the cutting-edge techniques like pseudo-labeling, self-supervised learning, SimCLR, unsupervised domain adaptation, and such to take my little project to the next level.