Text Editors With Keyword Highlighting and Color

I’m looking for a text editor alternative to early versions of the BlueJ IDE. I’m specifically looking for compatibility with Java - J2SE 1.3, keyword recognition coloring, and bracket section coloring. Things that you would find with later versions of the BlueJ IDE. I can manually compile, and run with .bat files/command line, so I don’t think this would be needed. I know there’s Notepad++, but as far as I know, it doesn’t have these features. If I can’t get my hands on anything, I’m wondering if I would have to start from scratch/make my own IDE for this particular purpose.

Edit- looks like if I want to build/make my own, using Java, I’ll have to use a later Java version than J2SE 1.3 because, the features to color text background is only available in later versions.

You mention notepad++, are you asking for an IDE that runs in Windows GUI?

No idea, but in case others might know