Temp changes

Hello.  I am a new builder and I had a question about CPU temperatures.  I just recently finished my first build.  It has a FX-6300 with the Xigmatek Gaia cooler.  I haven't tried to overclock it yet but everything seems to be fine.  Except my CPU temp seems to change very rapidly.  For example right now HWMonitor shows 25ºC and quickly drops to 16ºC over about 5sec.  Then it stays at 16ºC for roughly 8 seconds and from there instantly jumps back up to 25 and the cycle repeats.  I have not seen the temp go over 55ºC under load so I am not too worried, but best be safe rather than sorry right?

Is this temperature cycling OK?  What might be the cause of the rapid temp changing?

i-am not sure but could be a bad processor,
maybe the temp sensor in the processor is broken,
or you have too much themal paste on there.

however i-am not used with this processor so.. does anybody else have that problem? (GOOGLE) 

Maybe it's just Windows running it's regular tasks

what do you mean? windows doesnt effect temperatures in that way, unless its updating it might.

Its doing this because you most likely have cool and quiet or some alternative on. Your CPU is going from 1.6ish GHz to full speed when needed. thus the slight temp raise. Open CPU-Z and check, the temprature should match with the clock speed.

Its doing this because you most likely have cool and quiet or some alternative on. Your CPU is going from 1.6ish GHz to full speed when needed. thus the slight temp raise. Open CPU-Z and check, the temprature should match with the clock speed.

This seems to be the case.  I did just try disabling Cool and Quiet but it's still rapidly changing temperatures.  I will have to look into this more.  Thank you for replying!