Tek Rumors 0005: Global Foundries Admits AMD's Zen Architecture Production is a Success | California signs the Electronic Communications Privacy Act | Ransomware Attacks Linux Machines

better question will there finally be an ITX and Micro ATX board now? cause that's something people have been complaining about for ages.

Apparently yes - as all zen based cpu's will be on AM4 - thats the server grade cpu's, desktop, apu's (fm2 is being absorbed into am4 and zen) as well as SOC low power options for SFF computing

(Looking for the article I read about this and will update with links asap - LINKS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!!)

UPDATE

Here we go - all cpu's will be on AM4 - exccept mobile apu's which will be on socket FP4

http://wccftech.com/amd-officially-reveals-2016-cpu-roadmap-zen-k12/

1 Like

I like how WCCF Tech was the first to break the story about GF's successful Zen fabrication and no one believed them. Funny that.

most of their stuff is rumors but contrary to the non-sense you hear from Linus and his community the stuff they've reported have been spot on. as of late anyways.

Exactly. 99% of the time they are right. It isn't just Linus either. People here knock them all the time here too

I do when it sounds ultra outrageous.

1 Like

To be fair the original WCCF article was proven to be fake (as in the roadmaps they first posted) and they have since updated the article with the roadmap I posted above. I think that the problem with WCCF is that they have a bad habit of being ambiguous as to whether the article is based on rumour or fact, and then updating that article after the facts are proven.

at least they do update it which is nice. on a sidenote they reported on the Windows 10 threshold update 2 faster than damn near anyone else. even the sources i follow which usually are the first to write anything windows related.

1 Like