Teen and mom plead guilty to abortion charges based on Facebook data

4 Likes

I do not expect Facebook/gmail/hotmail/discord to respect my privacy

Hot Button talk- moderators can snip the is bit, or whole post

If I posted anything incriminating/illegal in a DM/private message/email, it is still telling the company, who legally have a responsibility to report it.

But my God, why would this even be a Crime? Fucking abortion laws Jesus Fucking Christ.

Worse than that, the big companies don’t always report real crimes against living/born people, like what harrows their moderators of public posts.

No additional distrust if FB gained, only more dislike for bad laws. And we have plenty of them over here too

(Edit: I do expect private/direct/text messages to be confined to recipients, Law, company itself, advertisers, 3rd party analytics, but NOT the public at large.)

3 Likes

Say it with me:

Giving :clap: For-Profit :clap: Companies :clap: Free :clap: Reign :clap: Over :clap: All :clap: Your :clap: Data :clap: Is :clap: A :clap: Terrible :clap: Idea :clap:

9 Likes

Self hosting seems like a necessary headache. Or not use internet, or use signal?

1 Like

Eh just pay for hosting, yeah the data can still be gotten but the gov probably doesn’t care about you.

I just use 365 Business for email, comes with a lot for how much you pay

1 Like