"TechCrunch Original" Series about Bitcion

TechCrunch is creating a "TechCrunch Original" series about Bitcoin. Looks to be an interesting project, I hope they make more of this type of content for other subjects and ideas.

In the Beginning...Trust Disrupted: Bitcoin and the Blockchain S1:E1

1 Like

Is there a full version of this?

Not yet, it just started to day.

The playlist is here.

I still don't understand where the value of BitCoin comes from.

the power/hardware to get a bitcoin, bitcoin is just a solved math problem basically, aka the effort it takes to get one. Also the usefulness of it, aka how many places take bitcoin adds to the value. All money in the world is and will only be valuable to the people who place value on it, more people who value it the more value it has.

Also there is a fixed number of bitcoins, that adds scarcity and value.

how bitcoin works in 5 mins

this guy has a good talk, kinda takes a bit to get the point

If you are the first person to own bitcoins, let's say 3 of them. Why should I, bank or gov give you normal money for it in exchange? Who decides whether those 3 bitcoins are worth 0.01$ or 5$ or 150$.

Or perhaps what I can't comprehend is how do you put value on it.

@Grim_Reaper I am not an expert by any means, so all I can say is that price is set like all currency, scarcity and value placed on it by the people using it.

I had the chance to buy some for like a buck a coin.... didn't because at the time I didn't get it or think it would go anywhere..... I could have been so rich lol

Didn't like how they, TechCrunch, says that Craig Wright came out as Satoshi Nakamoto but they don't talk about how it's pretty shaky that he was legit and there is no proof out there that he is who he says he is.

Not that it really matters who Satoshi is at this point, but if you are going to put it out there in a series for people who don't know about bitcoin I think some context would have been good.

Still a great watch, and is getting into the part about the software I like. How it can be used for more than just making bitcoin

Tech crunch has don a lot of stupid shit in the past imo but I'm intrigued by this.

1 Like

Interesting, so what i understood is Banks and large financial institutions are trying to privatise the Blockchain.
Hence the guy created Ethereum.