Tech Tribalism

As a tribal based species, having country borders, political borders, etc. What are common or not so common borders in the tech world?

AMD vs Intel and AMD vs Nvidia
are the common ones. What are the others?

Keyboard community is pretty tribal: Cherry vs Kaihl vs Gateron vs Greetech vs Topre vs Bucking Spring vs Matais vs Alps... The list goes on and on.

And then of course there are OS purists (don't get me started)

And possibly the niche of all niche... CRT enthusiasts.

4 Likes

Apple vs everything else. [I don't do Apple]
Geeks against the world. [ Imawannabegeek]

2 Likes

vi vs emacs

8 Likes

Nintendo vs. Sony vs. Microsoft vs. PC Master Race.

2 Likes

Android vs apple vs windows phone (ha)

1 Like

Personally? The worse I see is the console wars. Just take a look at the Digital Foundry comments. Fantastic content, but Jesus on a bike with a cherry them comments.

... And let's not forget the many Linux distros. How dare you use Ubuntu, I shall smite you!

2 Likes

Those that mix an AMD cpu with a Nvidia gpu and an intel ssd, can't ever trust someone like that :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Calm down there satan.

2 Likes

Relevant

11 Likes

Of all the tech tribal assholes, these I can actually understand a little. I wonder if CRT can be resurrected and improved instead of it being abandoned altogether.

4 Likes

CRTs are still here. If you have a rear projection TV, you have a tube! As for CRT monitors though, it's doubtful and the technology for TVs is on its way out. CRTs are just so cumbersome and take up a lot of space, and once AMOLED monitors become common, CRTs will have lost their last advantage: true blacks and true whites reproduction.

2 Likes

Open source purists vs. closed source binary blobs.

1 Like

Either you use Cherry or you are wrong.

2 Likes

Trying not to be too abstract here but.... Older generations of pc users versus younger generations of PC users of equal degree.

mutters stupid cherry fanboy, and your over rated switches... don't even know about the postives of other switch types... pffft probably uses razer... scrub... can't even type 90+wpm grghdjfghtdjgfsdgdfhsdgh

4 Likes

I see it no different from watching sports, I think it's all in good spirits until you start taking things personally, just like sports.

1 Like

This is the one person i CAN trust without concideration cuz he can't be a fanboy.

1 Like

vs

vs

vs

vs

jk

1 Like