Tech Blog Motivation/Scheduling

This is general question, but I wanted to know how do you guys keep going with your blogs on a regular schedule? Especially tech blogs which may or may not be targeted for the general public.

Backstory, I have a small blog on my personal website that I keep starting and dropping every couple of months or so. I can’t seem to keep a weekly schedule going

Also, idk if this is the right category, but, feel free to move me if it’s not.

2 Likes

I mean why did you start it? Why do you end up stopping?

I started it mainly to detail my homelab setup process and sort of journal my daily/weekly computer journey. I guess I stopped because life got in the way and it was way down on my priority list

Does it server any value to you, if it does maybe its worth carving out a set time every week to write something almost as if it was an appointment. If not then probably scrap it, the main things I would weigh is does it provide some benefit to me ? or is it something I enjoy?

1 Like

I can agree with that.
RL is too complicated anyways, so taking time from it to support something that doesn’t benefit you either financially or mentally is absolutely pointless.
If you enjoy gathering your thoughts in written form maybe take some time every week to just throw stuff at the keyboard and whatever comes out the other way - post it. If nothing else throwing ideas in written form helps clearing out your head and organising stuff…
I can see the argument “I have nothing to write about”, but then again, just throw some ideas at the keyboard.