Teachers and their students rights

Please cite what article or amendment of the constitution limits all rights given to the people to only those the age over 18, since you claim it to be this way.

(this is directed towards nfct)

actually, after looking into it, you are right, but nothing you have talked about is a violation of your rights, aside from not giving back ur phones...

yes, and it is mostly just complaining about how real life works. the rest of the thread really reads as that.

This isn't meant to be dickish, I've been in the same place.

Yes, its is called the United States Constitution. A citizen of the United States is anyone of legal age who is either a natural born citizen, or naturalized. I can understand that you might feel that it is incorrect, but no that is how the system works here. I feel that, yes in some instances it should not be that way, but for the most part it works fine so there is no need to fix what is not broken. 

I would like to direct you to this article 

I agree, when I was his age I did not always like my school nor my teachers, but in order to maintain a sense of self preservation I would be as non-confrontational as possible. This does not mean that I was not happy with the way I was treated nor that I did not feel that It was unfair. Those feelings just come hand and hand with the teenage years.

in the US, it doesn't make the legal age distinction for anything other than voting.

As a child is defined as anyone under legal voting age in the United States, all rights that are set by those in the link I provided apply to them and not the Constitutional Rights. I have to deal with this stuff on a daily basis.

LOL, back when I'm in Primary school (1st Grade), parents would instruct teachers to punish their own child for any form of misbehavior in schools. 

Anyway, your parents signed the "contract". So suck it up and move on. 

"Children are generally afforded the basic rights embodied by the Constitution, as enshrined by the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution." 

Wikipedia has no legal authority, I hope you know this.

pretty sure that the Constitution supersedes all other laws

If you actually read that amendment, then you would see that it speaks about children being considered natural born citizens if they are born on US soil. It has nothing to do with them retaining 1st-5th amendment rights just cause they are citizens.

however, nowhere does it state that minors are NOT given such rights, beyond the obvious.

does not have to because it is implicitally explained by legal citizenship age restriction

there is no restriction on that. it is not at all implicit either.

As kid in a Catholic high school we had a lot of teachers who were very strict with us. Detentions and demerits were given out like candy for anything from "your tie is too loose" to "you came into the room two seconds after the bell rang". I hated it as a kid and resented the teachers for it for a while. But once I got out on my own later on in life and entered the professional world I realized that self control/discipline and respect for people you don't necessarily like goes a long way to helping you succeed in life. Even as adults you're going to have to take shit from someone and often be treated unfairly. Guess what? Life's not fair. It doesn't mean you should be spineless and just submit to anyone when they wrong you or abuse their authority but you need to learn how to respond to these problems within the confines of what's appropriate. When you enter adulthood you do have more options with what you have to tolerate and what you don't but trust me when I say dealing with a teacher who's an asshole is a valuable exercise in becoming more mature yourself. It may seem strange but look at the obstacle as an opportunity to better yourself.

I think that school education is boring and pointless because when I think back on 12 years I spent in school, I'd say at most 20% of time spent there gave me something useful. The rest was either completely useless or just not in any way applicable in my life.

If phones are a temptation for those students, they may as well work a bit harder to earn their right to use them.

As for "punks", it's not students that are supposed to conform to arbitrary rules set by schools. It's schools that are supposed to be interesting enough so that students willingly attend them. Education doesn't have to be boring or tedious, and it's strange how most educators seem to not realize that. When "punks" from "unstable families" come into schools, school needs to show them how to be better, not beat them with punishments until they submit.

Another thing is that schools teach in "one size fits all" all manner, which causes students to underperform if they are not compatible with the particular method of learning being used, when in fact, it's easy to set up a learning environment where students can themselves choose how they prefer to learn. Instead there's a trend of putting students on drugs when they have a hard time paying attention to boring bullshit.

I refuse to respect someone who doesn't deserve it just because they're older