Teachers and their students rights

You do need to understand a lot of teachers pay/job depends on whether he/she has a good record of passing students. I've seen teachers get fired because half of a class decided to gang up and fail the class then complain that the teacher wasn't doing enough. Meanwhile the other half were passing and actually being good students. 

Teachers are humans, if you had to deal with a bunch of punks in your class all day you would understand why they punish the slackers.

Punks are one thing, disinterested students are another.

If a student gets a passing grade (or even something like B) on tests, but is not interested in the subject and reads books/plays games on the phone during lectures, just leave him alone, as long as he doesn't distract others.

And well, existence of "punks" is a consequence of a bad education system and incompetence of majority of teachers in the first place.

This is high school we are talking about. College, anything goes. But if you have students who are doing poorly and you have the good students texting, gaming etc, you are only going to get more of the under performing students doing the same thing. "Hey if he's doing it why not me." Terrible way to run a class. You can sit in a class for an hour and not be distracted, it isn't that hard. 

Ive read the agreement my parrents signed as i had to sign it aswell, It simply said that I agree to abide by school policy.

School does not prepare me for the real world thats my parrents job. 

I would happily do my school work if i got payed $7.50 an hour like my last job

No, I mean like dress code issues and students smoking at the nearby park.

Ive read all the school board policies pertaining to cellphones. They are only allowed to ASK to take it and IF we hand it over they can do nothing but return it to our parrents. Doing otherwise they can be subject to punishment.

I shouldnt have to say anything to anyone especially if it could be incriminating. Does not the 5th amendment of the constitution give me the right to not be forced to be a witness against myself?

I should very well be able to dispute a detention if it was wrongfully given to me.

The school has no required list of supplies. Me not participating in individual work because im not prepared doesnt slow the class at all. 

I have no problem with anyone in a superior authority to me, except for teachers. I have no reason to want to do anything for them.

My parents don't pay for school, i left private school 3 years ago.

You cant just say from your own experience that it isnt hard for everyone to pay attention for an hour. Ill quote  and say "Nearly 4 million school-age kids and teens have learning disabilities, and at least 20% of them have a type of disorder that makes it difficult to focus." I have a very hard time paying attention in class but i will say that ive never been distracted by people on their phones or just simply not participating.

I've had "special ed" classes. And have been told that I have ADD, but all of that aside, I was able to focus in class and not use my "learning disability" as a crutch. Just means you have to try harder which I did and was able to do just fine.

i wasn't, however, i don't recall my teachers being nearly as dickish as vultan is making them out to be.  i'm one of theose people that does alot better in practical applications than with the theoretical BS. i got a's in auto and woodshop, etc, but i didn't do well in like math and such.

Same, once math got to point of using imaginary numbers I found myself lost.

Math wasn't my strong point either, still tried my best though.

Seems like the smartest people struggle in math, hell didn't Einstein fail high school math?

Nah, http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/12/albert-einstein-did-not-fail-at-mathematics-in-school/ . That's a long running myth, plus I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do so well in his field if he wasn't good at math.

"Hey if he's doing it why not me." Terrible way to run a class. You can sit in a class for an hour and not be distracted, it isn't that hard.

That's the only right way to run a class. Make a rule "If you score X or above on tests, you can do whatever you want in class, as long as you don't distract others". No "why me" questions, no bullshit, no stress.

It's not about being distracted. It's about many school subjects being absolutely boring and having no practical applications. I can honestly say that more than 80% of what I was taught in school was a total waste of time.

It would be nice if something actually useful was taught in schools, but since both students and teachers are stuck with bullshit, it's better to not be assholes to students.

As I said "punks" exist mostly thanks to poor education system and teachers that are bad at teaching.

Well, if you think education is boring and pointless, then there isn't much I can help you with. I will agree that trade schools or other specialized schools are very useful (honestly we need more in the US).

As for the phones, its a temptation for other students who aren't able too. A zero distraction classroom is a lot easier to teach kids in.

And as for punks coming from the education system... that's asinine, sorry. It comes from an unstable family. A well mannered kid from a nice family isn't usually the punk asshole at school.

Being a person with ADHD, and having been disinterested in most if not all of my classes in high school, I feel you are wrong in every perspective that you have thrown out. No, you do not have any rights at all under the United States Constitution. If you are not a legal voting age adult then you do not retain any of the rights you have stated. Those rights are held by your parent/guardian. This is why a child arrested may not be questioned without a parent present. I had plenty of issues paying attention in class when I was in school, and I still passed with B's in every class, and worked as hard as possible to try to ensure my teachers did not hate me. This will make your time at school a whole lot easier if you choose to do this. All of the issues you seem to be having might seemingly stem from a timeline of bad conduct that has caused the teachers/staff to not want to deal with it anymore. If you get in trouble, do as people have suggested and wait till class is over and try to civilly speak with the teacher with a third party there. If the teacher does not agree, then respectfully say okay and then speak to an AP. No one has the right to keep your private property from you, as that would be stealing, but you can speak with an AP about having it given to your parents in a timely manner. You are young, and as such have a wealth of life lessons to learn. Instead of being so aggressively against every point of view you have seen as replies to your thread, understand that most of these people probably have more experience than you in situations such as this. 

Clearly you don't know who any of the "punks" are.

I tend to find it quite the opposite. The real assholes tend to come from active families with semi strict parenting from my experience.

For example the most disruptive person in the bio class i took had great family, and his parents even worked at the district office.

I smell stereotyping.

Ive actually not had any of these issues, the closest being a teacher telling me I would receive a detention for not standing up and saying the pledge, but forgetting to do so. These are simply the things most of my peers complain of happening to them or that Ive witnessed. Infact my lowest grade in my core classes is a c. You too are simply stereotyping.

then what in the hell are you bitching about? i just smell teen angst here... remember, not everyone functions the same as you...

and besides that, you have no legal rights under the constitution, they are held by your parents.

No, I do, at least in my experience, perhaps yours differs.

And I could go on and on about my experiences and you could go on about yours but that will get us no where.

Im not "Bitching" I was asking the question "Has anyone else had teachers who think their above the law?" and providing background information as to why I wanted to know others input on said question.

Did you actually read the O/P?