Tea vs Coffee: The battle for the cup

Coffee: It’s Just Enough™ to keep you going.

still true

same

I prefer espresso, but I have to go somewhere (and pay more) for that, so it’s an occasional treat. I spent a couple years as a barista in college, and really got a taste for different kinds of coffee during that period.

These days, I like a good floral light roast. Tea just doesn’t typically have the depth that I like, though I do enjoy tea, as well. A light roast coffee sits nearly between the two- it has the earthy depth of the legume, but the herbal and sour notes that are closer to tea.

You can always brew a super strong batch in a pot and sweeten it if you want something closer in caffeine strength; if you want to bait-and-switch for a hand-to-mouth issue, anything is probably fine.

@BookrV , have you tried anything new, yet?

1 Like

I like and drink both.

Prefer black teas, usually Assam or some variant of it. Some form of Columbian coffee, preferably a City roast.

Coffee’s slightly better for gout sufferers.

Yes, I bought a generic mid-tier brand green tea, the same that we have at the office. Its a nice tea, i like it, coffeine is good aswell.

Nothing special or loose or anything, just bagged tea.

But it works very well as alternative to coffee.

Lmfao.

I have a, uh, similar view, I guess:

Coffee, start the day, post workout.

Tea, pick me up, get through the afternoon.

3 Likes

Trying to get off the coffee. It’s a crutch. And I think it fucks up my digestion by making me :poop: Also sometimes I over-do it and get super anxious.

Green tea is great but I can never make it taste good.

Coffee in the morning, coffee in the afternoon if I need to be picked up.

I like both, but I’m probably more of a coffee guy. I’ll have a nice herbal tea in the evening if I’m feeling something other than water.