TB4 switch

are there any GOOD TB4 switches or kvm on the market really just need a switch. a little background. i just a lg tb4 display that acts as a hub for all my peripherals, including a daisy chained 4k monitor(ps only way to daisy chain displays for macs is via thunderbolt as apple are idiots and decided that mac os will only support 1/2 of the DP standard ) for my mac that i plug in for work for programming mobile apps and like 5 other things at the same time. with this set up now want to set up my gaming pc to connect to the monitor via tb4 so that i can have one set of keyboard, mouse, speakers . . .and that i can just switch them via a button. but my search has come up empty.

Last fall @wendell said he was working on one and it might be ready in Q3, not sure if there are any updates on that, but as of right now it seems to be a real hole in the market.

Help us @wendell , you’re our only hope!

Been working on it. Still a dumpstefire.

Not only that with LG and Samsung making half baked displayport monitors the chances of doing something that works at 144hz are slim.

I’m gonna do that for USBC PD plus another display. So you can run the g9 on native dp full rate and secondary display(s) via USBC. Best of both worlds because… It’s both worlds

1 Like

appreciate the update, if this is still a ways off on the horizon then I will consider the current model USB-C KVM instead for the time being. many thanks

i would love to learn more about it. do you have an eta for it sorry about the late reply. my though was literally just a 2 thunderbolt in 1 out type switch would love to hear your thoughts on that?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.