Taichi X470 - Unboxing, Linux Test, OC Test, Zen+ 4 stick memory speed tests | Level One Techs

Why not clamp 10-15A solid core copper wire to the rear heat pipes & do a short run back to the fan grill screws, to dissipate more heat?

The maximum of unbuffered or non-ecc ram andECC-RAM is 64GB in ranked pauirs of 32gb DIMS.t

Didn’t see any mention of only 2x 32 GB sticks? It does list support for 4x dual-rank modules (i.e., 4x16 - albeit at fairly low clock of 1866).

Yeah, if you need that much RAM a server platform with registered memory is probably a better fit. I have 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident-Z 3200 CL14 (that’s single rank Samsung B-Die) running without issues in my daily system. It’s just important to keep temps in check. When my 2700 passes 70°C it can throw errors in mprime.

I’m actually running 4 x 16GB DDR4-2666 Crucial ECC DIMMs in a Taichi X470 without issue.

2 Likes

Hey vkfu,

how can you tell if the memory is running in ECC? I just put a system together and the BIOS is not listing my Crucial ECC DIMMS as ECC.

EDAC, dmidecode and lshw can do that.