Taichi 370x m.2 slot question if anyone knows

so i’m moving to windows 10 soonish, really dragging my feet on it because I don’t want to use that os but im being forced to by several programs, and i’m at the point of getting ready to install the nvme drives in their new spots, my current win 7 is going into the lower/slower slot, the new 10 one is going into the faster slot, however on this motherboard, I am not sure I have anything to screw in the bottom slotts nvme… I have the screw, or at least I think I do, but there seem to be no standoffs on the motherboard for the lower one to go into… there was nothing in the box that seemed like it would work as a standoff.

so i’m wondering if I need to buy something, if there is something somewhere on the motherboard I may find another standoff, if I need to buy a nvme to 4x slot adaptor or possibly even jerry rig something to work with double sided tape. if anyone has experience with the motherboard that would help the most to tell me what I need to do/where I need to look.

There should be stand offs pressed into the board, but the screws are easy to lose.

I ordered a generic m.2 hardware kit from ebay, it included several different size of screw and standoffs, easy peasy.

I see no stand offs on the board for it, just blank spots one could go, its possible there is a second one under the current m.2…

does it matter what kit I get or are there any board specific thing I need to be aware of?

It’s possible you removed the standoff at some point and lost it? Since the nuts are permanently part of the board, a replacement stand-off should work. No need for anything specific to Asrock.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.