T480 with ubuntu on docking station pro, no video output

I have a T480 with Ubuntu on a ThinkPad Pro Docking Station (40AH) and I can’t get video output through the DisplayPorts.

Monitors: 27 inch Dell 1440p and 24 inch Dell 1080p.
DP cables I am using are version 1.2

Ubuntu does see the monitors connected in the settings. Monitors do not get signal.
Monitors work when running Windows, I checked that while updating station’s firmare.

I also checked if I can connect monitors with a USB-C to DP cable and both monitors work.

I’m kind of out of ideas as to what the problem is, any help in troubleshooting will be much appreciated.

I’d suggest doing a Dock firmware upgrade, unfortunately it requires that you’re running Windows. It’s also worth while doing a laptop firmware update, you should be able to do this from linux using fwupd.

Hello! I have a T480 running ubuntu. I’m thinking about buying the docking station. Can you please tell me how is it going with the monitors? I also want to use my 2 monitors now connected via usbc and hdmi. could you get it to work through docking station? what kind of connector solution did you use?

Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.