System Upgrade

1. Don’t derail my thread with Rants
  2. I paid 440€ for my 1700x in early 2017

3. When I can get 90% of the performance for 60% the price, that is good enough for me.
1 Like

I’d wait for benchmarks and street prices of the 5000 chips before committing one way or another exactly for this reason. If you can wait until the holiday sales that would be even better, I have a good feeling some of the 3000 chips will be quite the bargain then. Used prices would be even better.

I’m watching 3900X prices on eBay with the plans of upgrading to one from a 1700X myself.

Anyways, as for air layout I’d say front in and rear out should work at the minimum, but fans will probably be a bit loud. Using the side panel fan slots for intake may help reduce fan speeds and noise. Either choice you could completely seal off the top and not worry about critter fur.

IIRC 3600 MHz CL16 RAM is the sweet spot for 3000 series chips whereas 3200 MHz CL14 was for 1000 series. Although according to Hardwareluxx we’re talking less than 5% difference for the most part when normalized for CL.

1 Like

Asrock X570 Extreme 4 is basically a fine board for a Ryzen 7 cpu.
But if you ever consider upgrading to a Ryzen 9 cpu?
Then something like the X570 Taichi (if you prefer Asrock) would be a better choice.

Also if you consider the Asrock X570 Extreme 4.
Then you might also wanna look at the Asrock X570 Steel Legend.
Because those boards are very similar.

Sir yes sir…

How about twice the performance for the same price? I’m pretty sure 5800X will be about double 1700X and Willbe 450€ MSRP…

Oh you poor sod… I bought mine for 250€ at the time… December 2017…

Anyways, my point is, of the performance is there 450 is not that expensive at all considering competition and 0revious generations…

No need for it with the performance jump I get.

Open to suggestions. Asrock just served me well till now.

Don’t ask what I spend on tech, it is embarrassing.

2 Likes

Agree, if their promises turn out to be true.
Then the performance uplift should be significant.
The Asrock X570 Extreme 4 should be a totally fine board for those new Ryzen 7 chips.
Or of course the Asrock X570 Steel Legend which is pretty much the same board for the most part i believe.

• Asrock x570 Taichi.
  • Gigabyte x570 Pro wifi.
  • Msi x570 Tomahawk.

The Steel Legend is around €180,- on mind factory i believe.

Probably dont want this fan

Will steal the fresh air from the cpu cooler before it hits the fin stack

The PM991 is slow. Take a look at the Adata SX8200 Pro.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.