System stability

So I'm trying to overclock my i5 4690k and I've been following TinyTimLogan/OC3D's guide for them and I can get the OCCT to be running for a good amount of time (4.0 @ 1.105 under 80c under load) but every so often when I play games or start up a couple of VM's, i BSOD. The BSOD flashes by so I usually never get to get a picture for the error code. Any ideas?

I've changed the CPU ratios to sync all cores, disabled eist(orwhatever its called), manual voltages... I can't think of anything at the moment

Specs:
i5-4690k
Asus z97m+
R9 290
Crucial m4 SSD
9 WD Black HDD's
850w Silverstone Strider
NH D-14 running at 100% fan speed

The error is 0xA01, I cant get a fix on the internet for a specific reason why, its ranging from ram amounts to speed of the cpu speed/voltage and the position of the GPU. Any ideas?

Correct. I have a picture of a BlueSceenviewer if that helps.
[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2qd5qc8.jpg[/IMG]

Have you made sure you also aren't automatically overclocking the memory too?

Leave speedstep on, for haswell it does not hamper with overclockability.

It's most likely the voltage too low, can't hurt if you run a stability test with it a few notches higher.

Always start with the worst voltage acceptable for that speed. Only after you hit the thermal/clockspeed wall for your CPU keep lowering the voltage until it's stable

I'm using XMP for the RAM overclocking, as far as I know, XMP is the most stable ram oc

Speed step? What is that called in the bios? Is it similar to EIST?

I've seen someone with a i7 running 4.7 @ 1.15 or such, so I thought I could manage it as well. I started at 1.1 and worked from there and I used OCCT with the AVX option checked to make sure

an i7 haswell? If yes then he's got a lucky one :)

EIST is "enhanced" speedstep, yep.

I've seen people hit the max out of their 4770k on forums at [email protected], which is pretty bad, but so is the average at around 4.5-4.6.

If my 4770 would be a K sku I'm sure it would do a bit above average, currently it can hold 4.29Ghz using the extra 4 bin multiplier (39 * 110) @ 1.1275v. The problem is it gets a tad hotter than the K ones, like 5° or more at the same settings. I don't care for overclocking much anymore hence why I bought a non-K, I think I should've used something other than offset voltage.

I'll go ahead and try that. See where that and some other troubleshooting things get me to tonight