Sysadmin Mega Thread

Im literally downloading configs at every major config change… so if I have to reset I can just roll back a step

1 Like

Also wtf. Wpa3 supposed to improve security not concern itself with backwards compat. Fucking hell. Crypto nerds had ONE JOB.

So it turns out you can’t select CCMP256 because not all wpa2 devices adhered to the wpa2 standard

So I’m running wpa3 and 2 in a mixed mode using ccmp and I’m like what’s the point of wpa3 if none of the benefits are there

Plus you can literally turn off PMF :joy::joy::joy: which is supposed to be required for wpa3… and still have wpa3 devices use wpa3 to authenticate

Seriously?

2 Likes

Well… the people who work on wifi aren’t real crypto nerds…

This is why we cant have nice things

2 Likes

I still remember the driver bug which allowed people to remotely bluescreen a laptop on demand. Good times.

Oh shit… nice feature

I can mangle things in gui

Which means I can assign 48(CS6) dscp header to udp and ICMP via mangling in gui

:sob::sob::sob:

Windows 10 doesn’t support GCMP on Intel wifi cards

SERIOUSLY!?

Fuck yeah wireguard is a breeze on RouterOS. Thats sweet!

1 Like

I fucking LOVE the CLI… This is what im talking about. I always hated router GUIs although this one is okay

fuck I caused my firewall to block the mikrotik because I flooded my DNS server being an idiot in the configs. I have to go clear that now

:rofl:

At least I know my DNS filtering and firewall stuff is working

EDIT: alright confs good and set. Backing up… and it’s ready to roll

2 Likes

fyi a better way to do backups is doing export compact in the CLI
It exports the configuration in the terminal as a set of commands that you can run on any Mikrotik device

4 Likes

Config in that format can also be pushed to a device as a part of their woefully proprietary netbooting procedure.

1 Like

I have a situation where something might be up with a domain registrar. Does anyone know of a service that will monitor a domain and alert me if it becomes available to the general market? I’m sure the registrar will figure out whats going on and correct the situation, but just want to be prepared for the worst and snatch the domain if necessary…

I’m calling the cops. Who is hurting you

4 Likes

It just feels more unix like than Linux. Nostalgia man… Nostalgiaaaaa

1 Like

Holy balls

What is the catch

Because I could upgrade the server and then build a firewall with a fuckin 3900x… MAXIMUM POWER

prob some sketch stuff seems like the picture has the model not on it

vs

2016 copyright

1 Like

yeah I saw that lol

that said the rest of the listings are all insanely around this territory 200-300 bucks

I’m always worried about vendor locking when I see listings like that.