Surface Pro alternative?

So I will changed by September my actual Surface Pro 3 as I will need a functional touch screen (bought mine with half the touch screen not working). I really love the format of the Surface Pro, and would like to have one with the 8th gen intel processor to have that 4 cores. But with what I read, I shouldn’t put high hopes that Microsoft release a new iteration of the Surface Pro with the 8th gen as they already launched a new “iteration” which was the LTE variant.

So do you have any recommendation of a similar surface-esque laptop with 8th gen that I may not have seen? I want to know every options that is available.

Check out the HP Spectre X360. Its a fully convertable laptop with touch and pen support. I had the old version with a 5th gen cpu, and it was a great device that I used a ton for school. Using it to take notes was great since the screen rotates all the way around. Alternatively you can also look at the Dell XPS 13 2 in 1, or the Lenovo yoga series (dunno if the yoga or xps have pen support so you’d have to look around).

My problem with 2-1 is are they not too thick to be held in tablet mode? I planned to use my next replacement to complete some documents and to make people sign declarations. So a 2-1 would not be too cumbersome in those instances?

Personally, I never found it to be to unwieldy. I think its bestbuy that actually has had a deal with HP to demo their spectre x360’s in store, so if you have a bestbuy close to you then you might be able to hold one and see what you think of it. It’s also worth noting that they actually even reduced the size and weight of the x360 a generation after I got mine, without changing the screen size. It’s a pretty sleek device, but if you’re concerned that it might be too big than I would definitely go see if you can get your hands on a demo unit.

2 Likes

HP Elite X2. Available in various specs, can be opened/upgraded - if you’re already a HP shop they have the softpaqs available like any other HP device. None of this microsoft BS where you can only get firmware updates from Windows update, and only directly from Microsoft windows update (not SCCM, etc.).

we went through this after using surface pros in a corporate environment and being plagued with failures, dealing with MS for hardware repairs, etc.

Lenovo Yoga or X1.